M23327 Financial Analyst
CIMMYT is a cutting-edge, non-profit, international organization dedicated to solving tomorrow’s problems today. It is entrusted with fostering improved quantity, quality, and dependability of production systems and basic cereals such as maize, wheat, triticale, sorghum, millets, and associated crops through applied agricultural science, particularly in the Global South, through building strong partnerships. This combination enhances the livelihood trajectories and resilience of millions of resource-poor farmers, while working towards a more productive, inclusive, and resilient agrifood system within planetary boundaries.
CIMMYT is a core CGIAR Research Center, a global research partnership for a food-secure future, dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources. For more information, visit cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a proactive, with attention to the detail and energetic professional for the position of Internal Control Analyst to work on the Finance unit of CIMMYT.
- Perform walkthroughs and internal control testing based on the risk and control matrix, identification of key risks, and control deficiencies for optimizing processes at CIMMYT’s Headquarters in Mexico and in its Experimental stations and Regional Offices “RO” (Asia, Africa, Americas).
- Provide recommendations and support to Regional Offices in the implementation and improvement of internal controls.
- Ensure compliance with policies, procedures, and donor regulations within Finance units and RO.
- Validate and test the expense records to ensure the figures' integrity and reliability, improving the quality of the supporting documentation in the procurement-to-pay process, and provisions.
- Tracking and monitoring audit observations of internal and external audit reports, including audit findings, identified risks, recommendations, and remediation plans.
- Support the Units during internal and external audits and requirements.
- Provide support to Finance Units in documenting/updating the annual risk assessment and Risk Management Unit requirements.
- Provide Finance Quality Assurance support by working on continuously improving the internal control processes and updating procedures for compliance.
- Provide excellent internal and external customer service by resolving questions and issues regarding documentation and compliance with internal controls and procedures.
- Follow up on the semi-annual Certification process with Regional Offices for improvements and remediation of risk events and other internal issues.
- Perform periodic financial reviews on Financial Reports submitted by CIMMYT’s partners.
- Participate in other activities and/or special projects as the supervisor requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance is required.
- 2-5 years of experience preferred in Accounting Firms, in Audit functions (internal or external), evaluating expense reports and provisions, accounts payable, fixed assets, procurement process, supply chain, revenue recognition (Donor payments) and analyzing financial statements to provide insights for financial reporting.
- Advanced level of English. Will be tested, and the candidate should score a minimum of C1 or CEFR.
- Sarbanes-Oxley, COSO Framework, and internal control framework familiarity is a plus.
- A valid membership/certificate, including CPA/CIA/CFE/CCEP, is a high qualification for this position.
- Ability to identify relevant internal control deficiencies and operational and financial risks.
- Ability to identify risks/controls in automated processes in an ERP environment. Familiarity with Dynamics 365 is a plus.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with business unit representatives, management, and colleagues at all levels and multicultural regions.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Leadership, Integrity, Ethics, Proficiency, Organization, Critical thinking, Independence, Client Orientation, Problem-solving, Negotiation, and Conflict resolution.
CIMMYT provides an appealing compensation package along with robust support for ongoing professional growth. In addition to adhering to the stipulations of the Mexican Labor Law, our comprehensive benefits package encompasses a year-end bonus equivalent to 40 days' pay, a vacation premium of 56%, life and medical insurance coverage, supermarket vouchers, a savings fund, and access to essential Mexican benefits such as IMSS and SAR/Infonavit.