M23257 Capacity Building Specialist
CIMMYT is a cutting edge, non-profit, international organization dedicated to solving tomorrow’s problems today. It is entrusted with fostering improved quantity, quality, and dependability of production systems and basic cereals such as maize, wheat, triticale, sorghum, millets, and associated crops through applied agricultural science, particularly in the Global South, through building strong partnerships. This combination enhances the livelihood trajectories and resilience of millions of resource-poor farmers, while working towards a more productive, inclusive, and resilient agrifood system within planetary boundaries. CIMMYT is a core CGIAR Research Center, a global research partnership for a food-secure future, dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security and improving natural resources. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org.
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position Capacity Building Specialist to make strategic advise and solutions on capacity building, content solutions, course content design and support system development needs and work plan.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
· In coordination with the supervisor, the capacity building specialist, and CIMMYT’s stakeholders, identify capacity building opportunities and implement related actions to support strategic and continuous improvement initiatives of the Partner Training program and the Academy.
· Provide strategic assessment and recommendations on Capacity development initiatives.
· Document and develop all procedures pertaining to the CIMMYT Academy Management, including but not limited to the partner training program.
· Design Partner training plans, in collaboration with scientist, program directors and managers, that meet the needs of CIMMYT’s research work force.
· Advise and support the capacity building network on course creation and content creation and management in the LMS, including registering and ensuring completeness for all Partners’ related courses and participants of the Partner Training Program.
· Support the LMS project development as per established workplan with KMIT.
· Act as a super user of the Academy learning platform for the Partner Training Program
· Develop and share communication materials on partner training program.
· Contribute to reports on metrics and Key Performance Indicators and monthly and annual report(s).
· Master’s degree in education, Capacity Building, Administration, Human Resources, International Relations, or similar field. Master’s degree preferred.
· Scientific undergraduate degree is a plus, preferably in plant sciences.
· Experience in the organization of formal and informal training programs for a range of stakeholders, including farmers, extension workers from government, NGOs, and private sector, etc. in agricultural disciplines.
· Fluent and effective communication skills in English at all levels both internally and externally on the full range of work-related activities.
· Experience of Learning Management Systems.
· Intermediate level of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.). Experience with MS Dynamics is desirable.
· The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Customer orientation, communication, Problem Solving, Teamwork, Pro-Activity, and Multicultural Awareness.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).