Logistics and Procurement Assistant
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of SASAS Logistic and Procurement Assistant for the USAID-funded Sustainable Agrifood Systems Approach for Sudan (SASAS) implemented in Sudan from October 2022 to September 2024. The goal of the SASAS project is to ensure smallholder farmers in important food production regions in Sub-Saharan Africa have the information and innovations needed, using market-based approaches, to maintain or increase food production to mitigate the impacts of the global food, fuel, and fertilizer price increases resulting from Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. This position is based in Khartoum, Sudan.
The incumbent is responsible for the office administrative, procurement, and logistic operations for the SASAS project.
The position is based in Khartoum, Sudan.
- Conduct procurement in-country to ensure effective and efficient management of the Office, in line with CIMMYT’s policies and delegation of authority.
- Works closely with the CIMMYT headquarters to comply and align the procurement process with pertinent policies.
- Facilitate the internal and external audits taking place in-country for CIMMYT.
- Arrange meetings, workshops, and seminars by supporting travel, and VISAs, and help in deciding on hotel stay for visitors/officials, conference room booking, etc.
- Manage Facilities and supplies and ensure timely replenishment of supplies working with providers
- Oversee office cleanliness and repairs working with and within the host institution’s policies.
- Recording keeping (virtual and physical) of important CIMMYT Documents.
- Any other activity as required by the supervisor.
- Ensure adequate transportation operation in the country, from fleet requirements planning, vehicle purchase, registration, assignment, transfers, and maintenance, to disposal and incidents (crash and collision) management.
- Implement the Transport Management Policies and procedures ensuring it is understood by all and it is adhered to.
- Ensure recharges to the customer units are accurate and timely and work together with the Fleet Management Unit at HQ and the Finance Coordinator in the country in updating rates periodically.
- Maintain that vehicle files are well designed and organized, the filling system is in order and all documentation is filed in respective files.
- Liaise with Insurance Companies to optimize insurance costs and coverage. Oversees accident reports and documentation is correctly filled out; submits the reports to the insurance company and follow-up on claims to completion.
- Ensure all new staff members are meeting the requirements to be authorized to drive CIMMYT vehicles.
- Support Internationally Recruited Staff in obtaining Driver’s licenses in Sudan.
- Support transportation budget monitoring with Finance Coordinator. Monitor fleet expenses (i.e maintenance, fuel, etc.) and compare them to the budget in a periodic manner to identify unusual trends/deviations and implement corrective actions to address them. Ensure fleet costs are properly charged in accordance with policy.
- Assess and implement effective fleet safety systems and programs. Develop and implement a comprehensive E&OHS program.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s degree in administration, Finance, or Operations.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in working in a multifunctional domain, ideally gained in both private and Non-For-Profit environments.
- Experience working with donors and knowledge of donor requirements of funded projects.
- Experience working in international environments.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience with MS Office especially MS Word and MS Excel
- Good Analytical and report-writing skills.
- High level of confidentiality and integrity
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Able to be flexible in taking up tasks outside of regular job responsibilities as required.
- Experience in operating in matrix-style management internationally.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Organization, Critical thinking, Teamwork, Client Orientation, Problem-Solving decision-making, Negotiation, and Conflict resolution.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development.
Candidates must apply online to SD23137_Logistics and Procurement Assistant.
For more information on the recruitment process please, contact Didier Gonzalez (email@example.com)
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal-opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.