Junior Research Fellow
The Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA) is a non-profit international research institute dedicated to food, nutrition and livelihood security as well as environmental rehabilitation in South Asia, which is home to more than 300 million undernourished people. BISA is a collaborative effort involving CIMMYT and the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR). Please refer to the website for more information: www.bisa.org and www.cimmyt.org
We are seeking a dynamic, and self-motivated professional with excellent organizational and people skills for the position of Junior Research Fellow.
The position will be based at Delhi.
The main responsibilities of this position will be:
- Management of wheat breeding/research trials.
- Recording of data from the trials as per the instruction by supervisor.
- General data analysis of data collected in the field.
- Coordination between DBT, BISA, NBPGR and other partner institutes in the project.
- Compile reports, notes for communication, and assist in timely submission.
- Assist in taking care of scientists and visitors from India and abroad to the research station.
- Keep record of all communications made with DBT and partner institutes for project related activities.
- Assist in organizing meetings and logistics related to the research project.
- Assist in procurement of project consumables and equipment whenever required.
- Any other work as assigned by the supervisor.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualification, skills and attitudes:
- Master’s Degree in Genetics and Plant Breeding/Biotechnology/ Bioinformatics /Life Science with minimum 1 years of field experience.
- Desirable: The candidate having NET qualified will be preferred.
- The candidate must hold a valid driving license and able to drive vehicle to commute themselves.
- Good skills/experience on computer applications/IT/ project management tools
- Good oral and written Communication skills in English is must.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Teamwork, Communication and Client Orientation skills.
The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 2 years, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT-BISA offers an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance.
Candidates must apply online here for the Junior Research Fellow IN21115, no later than Sunday, June 22, 2021.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
CIMMYT-BISA is an equal-opportunity employer and strives for staff diversity in gender and nationality.