Internal Auditor, CGIAR System Internal Audit Function
- Published on
Position: Internal Auditor
Duty Station: Montpellier, France/Rome, Italy
Grade: Grade 4 (UN equivalent: P3)
Closing Date for Applications: 21 April 2019
NOTE: Applications will be reviewed as they are received and, should a shortlist be identified from suitably qualified applicants, this vacancy may close earlier than the deadline noted above. Candidates are therefore encouraged to apply promptly.
We are looking for an experienced Internal Auditor with demonstrated ethical standards and in-depth knowledge of internal auditing standards. This position offers an exciting opportunity to strengthen and add value to the CGIAR System’s operations by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. Further, the successful candidate will be part of a dynamic team working to contribute to a world free of poverty, hunger, and environmental degradation.
Who We Are
CGIAR is a global research partnership for a food-secure future. CGIAR science is dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources and ecosystem services. Its research is carried out by 15 CGIAR Research Centers in close collaboration with hundreds of partners, including national and regional research institutes, civil society organizations, academia, development organizations, and the private sector. These 15 Research Centers have close to 10,000 staff based in over 50 countries. Established in 2012, the CGIAR System Organization (an international organization headquartered in Montpellier, France) provides governance to the CGIAR System in collaboration with the System Council and has about 40 staff. The System Organization is committed to cultivating a work environment that reflects teamwork, gender equality, and respect for diversity. Please find more information about CGIAR in the enclosed Candidate Pack.
Summary of the Position
The Internal Auditor actively contributes to the delivery of internal audit services of a highly strategic, sensitive and confidential nature. Broadly, the position is responsible for:
- leading, as appropriate within the scope of the role, on specific activities and on elements of the multi-year internal audit planning process for the Internal Audit Function as assigned
- Contributing to the delivery of assurance, advisory, consulting or investigatory engagements in accordance with the Institute of Internal Auditors standards
- Implementing the Internal Audit Function’s quality assurance and improvement programs to ensure increased efficiencies and effectiveness of the Function’s operations
- Providing operational support with respect to budget management, efficient coordination of annual audit engagements, development of audit work programs and undertaking such other duties as may be necessary to support effective delivery of operational deliverables
- Fostering or contributing to highly collaborative teamwork, communication, knowledge sharing, and capacity building to further advance delivery of CGIAR’s business plan(s).
Skills and Competences
The successful candidate must be a strong and effective communicator with strong analytical skills, strong judgement and thorough knowledge of accounting procedures. The ideal candidate will possess, as a minimum:
- University degree (or equivalent) in finance, audit, business administration, accounting, IT or related field and professional certification in auditing such as CIA, CPA, CISA, CA etc.
- At least 8 years’ progressively responsible experience in leading and delivering internal audit engagements of wide nature, including IT audits. Experience in other directly relevant fields such as enterprise risk management, assurance, evaluation of risks and internal control in an international or multi-faceted organization will also be considered in lieu of audit experience
- Versatility to conduct a variety of audits for multiple stakeholders and the ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
How to Apply
Please send your application to SMO-HR@cgiar.org by no later than Sunday, 21 April 2019, ensuring that documents submitted do not contain your marital status, age or photograph. All applications must include the position title in the email subject line and:
- A CV (in English) which provides details of your qualifications, employment history, skills and experience
- A covering letter (in English) in which you succinctly address how your skills and experience meet the requirements of the role
Note: All applications will be acknowledged; however, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applications received after the closing date for applications will not be considered.
Terms and Conditions of Employment
The CGIAR System Organization is an equal opportunity employer, offering a comprehensive package of employee benefits comprising a favorable taxation arrangement in France, health insurance coverage, a retirement plan, and relocation support where applicable. The contract term is anticipated to be aligned with the CGIAR audit plan cycle. Full terms and conditions will be made available to shortlisted candidates.