Integrated Business Development Associate
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Integrated Business Development Associate to work in the Integrated Development Program (IDP) of CIMMYT.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Supports and works closely the Program Manager and Liaison Officer.
- Support the areas of cooperation and opportunities identified for the initiation of new projects for an overall contribution to integrated projects.
- Follow up on projects and ideas by developing supporting and operating documents as needed.
- Follow up the development of new concepts and ideas as required.
- Prepares material as needed in order to support and/or follow up the identification, development and implementation of projects, strategies and models for CIMMYT.
- Follow up on projects by reviewing the concept notes, proposals, and operating documents as necessary.
- Synthesizes and integrates information as needed for the development and replicability of new concepts and ideas.
- Draft reports, integrate feedback from supervisor, finalize reports and develop presentations and fact sheets as required.
- Analyze data and identify data quality issues and respond to request for specific information.
- Generate strategies, guidelines and formats for planning and supporting functions.
- Prepare reports, papers and other knowledge documents as needed.
- Contribute analytical information and funder intelligence to support the development of new business lines.
- Gather, analyze, and share information on intelligence and global, regional and national trends, including country priorities as well as other relevant details.
- Support the development, implementation and continuous improvement of the stakeholder management strategy.
- Put decisions into action; follow up with staff, collaborators and stakeholders as needed.
- Contributes to ensure that the “best practices” identified across the project portfolio are being successfully disseminated and implemented as needed.
- Perform any other tasks and assignments related to the program/project, as required by the supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- The selected candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related fields.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in a related field, with demonstrated ability to deal with sensitive information.
- Advanced level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of C1 on CEFR. Oral communication and presentation skills required.
- Proficiency in MS Office and advanced internet skills.
- Strong level of cultural sensitivity to understand needs of staff and partners.
- High level of responsibility, confidentiality, and discretion. Ability to work with different nationalities.
- Ability to travel.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Teamwork, Customer Orientation, Proactivity, Problem Solving, Relationship Management, People Management.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M21119 Integrated Business Development Associate. Screening and follow up will begin on Friday, March 12, 2021. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Ricardo Perez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.