IN23266 - Technical Assistant
The Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA) is a non-profit international research institute dedicated to food, nutrition, and livelihood security as well as environmental rehabilitation in South Asia, which is home to more than 300 million undernourished people. BISA is a collaborative effort involving CIMMYT and the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR). Please refer to this website for more information: http://bisa.org/.
We are seeking dynamic, innovative, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Technical Assistant.
The position will be based in Pusa, Samastipur Bihar.
The main responsibilities of this position will be:
· Support in execution of farmers participatory and on station demonstrations /research trials of climate resilient agricultural practices
· Monitoring day to day field activities (irrigation, fertilizer, herbicide, insecticide etc.) and data collect of the farmers participatory /research trials as per the instruction of your supervisor.
· Keeping the records of input used, machinery and other services provided by the project to the farmers in standard BISA-CIMMYT format.
· Other activities are time to time assigned by your supervisor.
We are seeking candidates with the following academic qualifications, experience, skills, and attitudes:
· Minimum bachelor’s degree in agriculture with 1-2 year relevant experience or 12th with more than 5 years agriculture based practical field experience.
· Good knowledge of crop production techniques and latest agriculture machinery
· Good knowledge of local language (Hindi) and working knowledge of English
The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 1 year with annual renewal subject to performance. Thereafter, the contract would be renewed based on overall performance and the continued availability of funds. BISA offers an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance.
Candidates must submit the applications via online form available here no later than Wednesday February 7th 2024., to Human Resources, CIMMYT / BISA.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
BISA is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Work From Home
- Training & Development