IN23253, BISA Station Coordinator.
The Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA) is a non-profit international research institute dedicated to food, nutrition, and livelihood security as well as environmental rehabilitation in South Asia, which is home to more than 300 million undernourished people. BISA is a collaborative effort involving CIMMYT and the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR). Please refer to this website for more information: http://bisa.org/.
We are seeking dynamic, innovative, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Station Coordinator.
The position will be based in Jabalpur.
The main responsibilities of this position will be:
- Coordinate implementation of planning in the Jabalpur farm for crop calendars, rotations, seed production and research experiments in each of the crop season.
- To ensure that all processes of farm management are practiced in corresponding to prevailing policies & procedures.
- Supporting BISA Finance team at Jabalpur to organize/control the information flow, solving technical issues regarding procurement, sale and disbursement of inputs and manpower.
- To be on site to address any concern or making decision on technical matters; and keep inform Jabalpur Station In-charge on timely basis on the Audit/pre-audit related issues that need immediate attention and suggesting solutions if possible.
- Coordinate with staff, the activities to be performed at each stage of the crop cycle, according to the instructions of the research programs
- Supervise different areas, in order to ensure that staff activities are performed in accordance with the instructions and procedures defined for CIMMYT-BISA.
- Make the necessary required agronomic adjustments in experimental plots at Jabalpur farm in order to preserve them and keep them in good condition for planting. Also keep other sites in equal control.
- Engage and regulate, in coordination with the stations incharge and labor contractor, the supply of farm labors that are required in order to meet the requirements of the research programs and the station itself.
- Plan and arrange Agri-inputs for timely farm operations. Manage the farm produce, its storage and disposal.
- Perform programming activities and maintenance of equipment, furniture and facilities, to ensure proper and timely completion and kept in good condition to the station.
- Perform a review of all reports issued by the Farm, to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the information they contain, and verify that they are sent to areas of interest.
- Guarantee the safety of people who are in the station and equipment, vehicles and facilities, through the coordination of the activities of security personnel assigned to the station.
- Maintain a good relationship with institutions, authorities and organizations in the town and attend key meetings of Dept. of Agriculture and local administration.
- Apart from the research activities the individual is also responsible for various administrative activities at the Jabalpur farm
- Responsible for liaison with universities and state government, mainly at Madhya Pradesh, but also to support other two BISA locations whenever required.
We are seeking candidates with the following academic qualifications, experience, skills, and attitudes:
· Must possess B.Sc agriculture degree from a reputed university.
· Master’s degree in Agronomy/ Soil science/ plant protection/Ag. Economics. is desirable.
· Atleast 5 yrs of work experience at station/ farm management role.
· Must possess institutional competencies like, teamwork, Team leadership, communication, critical thinking, client orientation, Problem solving and decision-making, Negotiation and conflict resolution
· Excellent verbal and written communication in Hindi and English
· Good command over MS Office.
The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 1 year with annual renewal subject to performance. Thereafter, the contract would be renewed based on overall performance and the continued availability of funds. BISA offers an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance.
Candidates must submit the applications via online form available here no later than Thursday, December 7, 2023., to Human Resources, CIMMYT / BISA.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
BISA is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity.