ILRI Vacancy: People and Organizational Development Officer III – Internal/External (Closing date: 13 May 2020)
The Position: The International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) seeks to recruit People and Organizational Development Officer III who will implement Human Resources and other institutional policies and interventions that result in attracting and retaining talents while also ensuring efficient services. The ideal candidate will have HR generalist experience with proven experience in excellent problem solving and identification and implementation of creative solutions to achieve human resources management goals.
ILRI works to improve food and nutritional security and reduce poverty in developing countries through research for efficient, safe and sustainable use of livestock. It is the only one of 15 CGIAR research centres dedicated entirely to animal agriculture research for the developing world. Co-hosted by Kenya and Ethiopia, it has regional or country offices and projects in East, South and Southeast Asia as well as Central, East, Southern and West Africa. http://www.ilri.org
• Manages full-life cycle recruitment processes including sourcing, screening, interviewing, assessment, and appointment of successful candidates;
• Prepares recruitment metrics and identifies process improvement opportunities and make recommendations;
• Manages engagement of consultants by providing professional advice and guidance to managers, budget holders and staff concerning consultancies; reporting and maintenance of consultants’ database;
• Manages on boarding of all new staff including designing and updating of induction materials, managing relocation process of expatriate staff to Ethiopia, conducting induction evaluation and prepare reports as appropriate;
Learning and Performance
• Manages the performance management process and supports managers in ensuring development of quality Key Result Areas as well as facilitation of performance planning sessions as appropriate;
• Facilitates the delivery of relevant training for new and existing staff as appropriate;
• Evaluates and contributes to continuous improvement of the online system reviews and supports the implementation of new systems and processes;
• Supports managers in the implementation of the performance improvement process;
• Analyses development needs and recommends appropriate learning interventions based on submitted performance development plans and institutional priorities;
• Identifies/sources and negotiates with external training providers and manage the relevant database;
• In collaboration with procurement, manages the contracting and evaluation of training service providers and ensures cost effective program delivery;
• Prepares learning and development evaluation reports based on agreed L&D metrics;
• Coordinates exit interviews for staff leaving the institute, analyses data and prepares appropriate reports and recommendations;
• Gathers real time feedback from staff / supervisors regarding HR services and provides recommendations for improvement;
• Reviews workflows, processes, standard operating procedures (SoPs) to enhance service delivery and efficiency;
• Develops and maintains HR tools and processes and recommends changes as appropriate.
Academic and professional qualifications:
• Master’s degree in Human Resources Management, Business Management or any related discipline
• Relevant professional certification
Broad / specialized knowledge of methods, techniques and processes
• 5 years’ work experience in a busy HR function and at least 3 years in a managerial / supervisory role and experience in managing HR operations.
• Must work within deadlines and have the drive to initiate and develop staff performance capacities and be a responsive and energetic team player
• Have fluent command of English with good written and oral communication skills
• Be IT literate and have knowledge of and expertise in use of presentation media tools
• Have a positive ‘can do’ attitude, creative flair and the drive and talent to excel in this role
• Fully conversant with labour and employment laws and practices
• Professional certification is a plus
Only candidates who possess the above skills and qualities should apply.
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Job Grade: HG 15
Monthly Base Salary: Birr 50,000 (negotiable depending on salary history of the candidate)
Terms of appointment: This is a national position, initial appointment is for three years with the possibility of renewal, contingent upon individual performance and the availability of funding. The ILRI remuneration package for nationally recruited staff in Ethiopia includes very competitive salary and benefits such as life and medical insurance, offshore pension plan, etc. The ILRI campus is set in a secure, attractive campus in Addis Ababa. Dining and sports facilities are located on site.
Applications: Applicants should provide a cover letter and curriculum vitae; names and addresses (including telephone and email) of three referees who are knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to be included in the curriculum vitae. The position and reference number: REF: PODO/18/20 should be clearly indicated in the subject line of the cover letter. All applications to be submitted online on our recruitment portal: http://ilri.simplicant.com by clicking on the “Apply Now” tab above before 13 May 2020.
To find out more about ILRI visit our website at http://www.ilri.org
Suitably qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.
More ILRI jobs
Subscribe by email to ILRI jobs alert