ICT and Data Officer
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
The CIMMYT is seeking an experienced professional to support Nepal Seed and Fertilizer (NSAF) project funded by USAID. The project promotes the use of improved seeds and Integrated Soil Fertility Management (ISFM) technologies approved and registered by the Government of Nepal. The Project will specifically increase availability of technologies to improve productivity in maize, rice, lentils, and high value vegetable farming. The project also works to improve capacity of both the public and private sectors in their respective roles for technology development and its in-country dissemination. Details of position, location and TOR for the position is below and can be found at www.jobsnepal.com.
Duty Station: Kathmandu
CIMMYT is seeking an experienced ICT professional to support Nepal Seed and Fertilizer (NSAF) project funded by USAID. The project seeks to contribute to food security and resilient agriculture market systems that advances delivery of improved agriculture management knowledge and technologies, and develop market systems that are agile, resilient, and adaptive.
- Support the development of ecosystem of IT enterprise to scale up digital agriculture in Nepal.
- Administration and customization of data collection apps like ODK collect or other tools and support and train staff to conduct surveys using digital tools.
- Support to develop approaches for digital advisories, fintech in agribusiness.
- Facilitate the work on digital finance to provide credit and small loans to agribusiness MSMEs.
- Identify and work with IT companies and digital platforms to disseminate proven technologies and agri advisories to small holder farmers.
- Conduct any other activities as required by the supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelors degree in Geo information science (GIS), Computer Science, Information technology (IT) or other closely related discipline.
- At least five years of working experience in promoting digital development in agriculture, fintech and or any other related sector.
- Demonstrated experience field-testing and co-development of ICT tools with end-users.
- Knowledge of mobile app development is an advantage.
- Experience in the Custom-building of data visualization web applications.
- Able to run ODK and use Kobo Tool Box or similar tools.
- Excellent work ethics and demonstrated potential to work independently with minimal supervision and to work in inter-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to undertake multiple tasks and work under strict deadlines.
- Valid motorcycle driving license, preferred.
Candidates must go through the link below and submit the application with detailed information no later than January 4th, 2023.
Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.