The Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA) is a non-profit international research institute dedicated to food, nutrition and livelihood security as well as environmental rehabilitation in South Asia, which is home to more than 300 million undernourished people. BISA is a collaborative effort involving CIMMYT and the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR). Please refer to the website for more information: www.bisa.org and www.cimmyt.org.
We are seeking a dynamic, and self-motivated professional with excellent organizational and people skills for the position of Hub Coordinator.
The position will be based at Pusa (Bihar), India.
- Plan and execute the project activities as per project guideline at farmers field and KVK Farms in collaboration with KVK
- Formulate and execute the climate resilient cropping systems adaptive research trials in consultation BISACIMMYT scientists
- Develop a record and report the tasks performed and the results achieved in the project that has been assigned
- Contribute to the training and updating of knowledge and research techniques to the rest of the staff working in the unit and keep updated on new research
- Perform support activities that are required in BISA-CIMMYT, according to the instructions of your supervisor
We are seeking candidates with the following qualification, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture (B. Sc. Hons), Master’s degree in Agronomy/Soil Science with minimum 2 years’ experience of better agronomic management practices from a recognized university
- Thorough knowledge of the field of work and latest climate resilient agricultural production technologies
- Basic knowledge of administrative and/or operating protocols and procedures of research support function
- Basic Supervisory skills and experience
- Good understanding of English and ability to communicate orally on daily routine matters; review literature, draft questionnaires, write draft reports etc.
- Candidate must exhibit institutional competencies like, Negotiation and Conflict Resolution, Critical and Creative Thinking, Teamwork and Client Orientation
The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 1 year, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT-BISA offers an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance.
Email cover letter and CV as a single document with last drawn salary, salary expectations and notice period no later than Wednesday, July 27, 2022 to Human Resources, CIMMYT / BISA.
(Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Please insert Position Reference number: IN22158 in the subject of your email)
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
CIMMYT-BISA is an equal-opportunity employer and strives for staff diversity in gender and nationality.