The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of HR Assistant to work in the Local Experimental Station Staff Administration in the Human Resources Department.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Support Recruitment process insuring comply with the necessities for the programs: Receive the authorized Recruitment Requisition formats from the programs; Identify if it will be necessary to carry out a new recruitment process; Ensure that the HQ Weekly staff recruitment process being carry out on time; Manage onboarding.
- Support the staff administration ensuring that all the contracts for a specific work comply with the specific purpose for each of them: Typing contracts – temporary, permanent, seasonally; Provide the contracts to the HQ Local weekly staff; Integration and control of the staff files from all Experimental Stations; Send the incomes to the payroll area of HQ Local weekly staff; Send the Recruitment Requisition formats due to authorized to the Experimental Stations; Support to provide the pre-induction for the HQ Local weekly staff in their first day.
- Provide advice and support to solve the problems of staff members: Medical insurance; Life Insurance; IMSS; Contract terminations; Payroll.
- Support the termination contracts (temporary, seasonal or permanent staff) ensuring compliance with policies, procedures and legal requirements terminations: Provide the termination contract to the HQ Local weekly staff; Send the terminations to the payroll area of HQ Local weekly staff; Preparing documents for the termination and deliver of HQ Local weekly staff;
- Support to type different documents, such as: Letters for IMSS, Embassies, etc.
- Support the archive of the local Experimental Stations staff files.
- Support all payments that are generated in the HQ weekly staff.
- Register in AXAPTA system the income and terminations from HQ weekly staff.
- Support to submit the incidents to Payroll area.
- Responsible of the digitalization of the documents from HQ weekly staff.
- Responsible of the update databases from HQ weekly staff.
- Support in the analyses of salaries proposals.
- Ensure the control of the active staff.
- Verify the daily entry record from HQ Local weekly staff.
- Carry out any activities assigned by the supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, International Business or related field, with substantial relevant experience, preferably in a multinational environment.
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in HR administration.
- High level of cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office Software.
- Intermediate level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of B1 as per CEFR).
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Multi-Cultural Awareness/Sensitivity, Communication, Pro-activity, Customer Orientation and Teamwork.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M21113 HR Assistant. Screening and follow up will begin on Friday, February 12, 2021. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Ricardo Perez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.