Harmonizing ME&L Concepts- Consultant (19-92)
Category: Research and Development
Location: Lima Lima Peru
The International Potato Center (CIP) seeks an experienced Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Consultant for the ME&L CIP Learning Project.
The objective of the consultancy is to develop a CIP ME&L guidance document, including concepts, terms at the institutional and program level to enable M&E harmonization and understanding inside the institution. The document will be, at a later phase, drawn on to develop a robust ME&L system to be used by CIP at the project level to plan, evaluate and report on CIP Programs. The aim is to create a common conceptual framework around ME&L for CIP staff at different levels. The design of a ME&L framework, as part of an overall system, is tied to the refresh of the CIP Corporate Strategy.
- Post-graduate qualification, at least at M.Sc. level, in fields such as International Development,
- Agricultural Economics, statistics or social sciences. Publications in relevant fields are desirable.
- Relevant work experience in design of institutional M&E frameworks, programs or projects, and experience with developing and managing complex M&E systems.
- Experience in working with multi-partner projects in the Agricultural R&D area, with emphasis on food security, nutrition or climate change.
- Working knowledge of the CGIAR research partnership.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English.
- Competencies in collecting, analyzing, and reporting disaggregated data, preferably in the context of agricultural research including both qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Competencies in project management, preferably in the context of agricultural research for development, including results-based management, development of logical models (theory of change, impact pathways, result chains), monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience with workshops and or training of staff in monitoring and evaluation methods, tools, and systems.
- Good interpersonal skills. Experience working successfully in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
Conditions: Consultancy contract will be for approximately 2.5 months on a fixed price modality against deliverables. Fee will be internationally competitive, paid in US dollars, and commensurate with