Grant Management Analyst
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Grant Management Assistant to work in the Project Management and Regional Corporate Services Coordination Department (PMRC) of CIMMYT.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Coordinate grant management steps from concept notes/proposals to closures, in collaboration with Programs, Finance, Legal and Human Resources.
- Provide quality control of concept notes, proposals, contracts, invoices, and financial and technical reports to ensure funder requirements are met.
- Investigate outstanding payments from funders.
- Ensure high quality and transparent communication with funders.
- Manage grant information and records, documentation, and archiving.
- Contribute to improvements of the functioning of the department.
- Foster relationship with Programs, Finance, Legal and Human Resources.
- Represent the department during internal meetings.
- Perform other related tasks within the job level as may be requested by the immediate supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- The selected candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, International Relations, Public Administration, Project Management or related fields.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in similar role or activities.
- Other skills:
- Oral and written communication skills in English, with Spanish language skills desirable.
- Advanced level of English. English will be tested, and the candidate should score a minimum of B2 on CEFR.
- Proficiency in various office software.
- Project Management Certification is desirable
- The candidate must exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Teamwork, Customer Orientation, Proactivity, Problem Solving, Relationship Management, People Management.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M21157 Grant Management Analyst. Screening and follow up will begin on Monday, June 14, 2021. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Ricardo Perez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.