The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT, is a not-for-profit research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries, focused on increasing food security and reducing poverty at an international scale. Please refer to our website for more information www.cimmyt.org
We are seeking a dynamic, and self-motivated professional with excellent organizational and people skills for the position of Finance Assistant.
The position will be based in Delhi, India.
- Conduct a proper record of all related transactions.
- Receive and keep track of all accounts payable journals and ensures all accounting records affect the correct ledger accounts and categories depending on the type of expense.
- Perform monthly update of accounts payable balances including cancellation of outstanding transactions.
- Assisting month and year end closing procedures.
- Communicate and report any financial irregularities to line manager.
- Prepare Bank Reconciliation Statements and other reconciliation monthly.
- Assisting in timely closing of books and submission of closing documents.
- Perform detailed checking of supplier invoices to ensure that all requirements are fulfilled according with Indian tax law.
- Process payment proposals and expense journals received from the programs in accordance with payments schedule.
- Perform close follow up to payment requests and purchase orders that may be incomplete or with some inconsistency to clarify and achieve the payment of all liabilities.
- Handling and updating of monthly cash book.
- Create new supplier accounts into QBO.
- Confirm payment details to suppliers.
- Perform follow up to prepayments to suppliers and review supporting documentation for closing them.
- Keep track of the file cabinets that contain all the accounting documentation received in the central file, according to the consecutive number assigned by the system.
- Update a database that contains all the information of the existing documentation inside the file room and archiving the same.
- Provide support and submit requested information for audits.
- Participate in other related tasks as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce with 1-2 years of experience in accounting.
- Knowledge of Indian regulatory compliances and basic accounting.
- Well versed with Quick Books, MS Office packages and other accounting software packages.
- Ability to learn quickly and flexibility to adapt to changing needs.
- Experience in Development Sector/Not-for-Profit organizations will be an added advantage.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Customer Orientation, Pro-activity, Relationship Management, Problem-Solving, Communication, Teamwork and Achievement Orientation.
The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 1 year, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance.
Email cover letter and CV as a single document with last drawn salary, salary expectations and notice period no later than Monday, 19 April 2021 to Human Resources, CIMMYT
(Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Please insert Position ID: IN21117 in the subject of your email)
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
CIMMYT is an equal-opportunity employer and strives for staff diversity in gender and nationality.