Field Worker – Glasshouse Operation
ICRISAT seeks applications for the position of Field Worker for Glasshouse Operation to work with IRRI-SA team for different lab activities. The position will support Under the close supervision of the researcher, prepare and maintain experiment(s) and perform basic data gathering and encoding. Assist in the maintenance and organization of greenhouse/screen house to ensure order and cleanliness as required by the protocols of the Institute including storage and preparation of samples, fertilizers and other chemicals at IRRI-South Asia Hub, Hyderabad, India. The position will be based at IRRI-SA Hub, ICRISAT Campus, Patancheru. The position is within the Rice Breeding Platform-South Asia Region. It will report to the Regional Breeding Lead – South Asia.
The International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) is the world’s premier research organization dedicated to reducing poverty and hunger through rice science, improving the health and welfare of rice farmers and consumers, and protecting rice-growing environments for future generations. For more information, visit www.irri.org
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more information, visit www.icrisat.org
- Assist in the basic preparation and maintenance molecular lab /screen house/greenhouse operations (e.g. Preparation of Stock solutions, gels, lab-ware handling)
- Perform basic monitoring of lab tolls
- Assist in the execution of lab activities
- Assist in the maintenance and organization of molecular lab/ greenhouse/screen house to ensure order and cleanliness as required by the protocols of the Institute including storage and preparation of samples, fertilizers and other chemicals.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Graduate with at least one year of relevant work experience
- Should have basic knowledge of MS Office programs such as Word and Excel or related software
- Experience in rice molecular research will be an added advantage
- Aptitude to work collegially and collaboratively in diverse, multicultural environments
This is a Consolidated Position for 32 months and renewable depending on the functioning of the incumbent, funding availability, and also the Institute’s ongoing requirement for the position.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 20 May 2020 with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application.
“ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer”