Field Research Technicians
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professionals for the positions of Field Research Technicians to work in the Global Wheat Program (GWP).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Ciudad Obregon, Sonora, located at Calle Dr. Norman Borlaug, Km.12, Valle del Yaqui, and Ciudad Obregon, Sonora. Please note that this position is a strictly temporary (6 months).
- Support field activities such as seed preparation, sowing, crop management, and harvest for trials sown under different environments.
- Support on data collection on physiological traits under field conditions, to contribute to the objectives in Wheat Physiology.
- Perform sample processing in the physiology laboratory, following the instructions from the supervisor.
- Supervise of temporary workers and protocols implemented for the evaluation of different traits.
- Data curation and preparation of database for analyses.
- Report data to manager/supervisors.
- Drive cars, travel to other CIMMYT experimental stations, and managing equipment could be needed, depending on the activities.
- Other duties related to wheat physiological traits assigned by Supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biotechnology, Plant Science, Agronomy, Biology or related fields.
- No experience is needed.
- Competent user of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- The position requires being suitable for work in field conditions, and compliance with established standards.
- The selected candidate must be a responsible, punctual, orderly and honest person.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Teamwork, Pro-Activity, Multi-Cultural Awareness, Flexibility/Adaptability.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit)
Candidates must apply online to M20173 Field Research Technicians. Screening and follow up will begin on Wednesday, February 3, 2021. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Ricardo Perez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.