Farm Operations Assistant
The Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA) is a non-profit international research institute dedicated to food, nutrition, and livelihood security as well as environmental rehabilitation in South Asia, which is home to more than 300 million undernourished people. BISA is a collaborative effort involving CIMMYT and the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR). Please refer to this website for more information: http://bisa.org/
We are seeking dynamic, innovative, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Farm Operations Assistant.
The position will be based in Jabalpur.
- Manage and/ or maintain Stock register of consumables using FIFO Method.
- Keep control on farm operation like recording, issue of indent, PR, GRN, SRN, Gate pass etc.
- Follow proper procedure for the procurement and disposal of farm produce.
- Manage and maintain production register.
- Prepare and maintain the proper records for seed processing. [Raw Production to final produce (Seed)].
- Manage Vendor Management. Ensure timely settlement of bills/invoices.
- Maintain Training Hostel and ensure the proper compliance of Insurance and safety for training hostel.
- Manage and maintain fixed asset register and ensure the tagging of fixed assets numbers.
- Manage manual registers and ERP software and/ or Quick books software.
- To ensure that the financial, administrative, HR, procurement, etc. guidelines are strictly followed.
- Maintain the Seed Production Unit management.
- Prepare and maintain sale register for the seeds and/ or grains sold during the year.
- Prepare and maintain the proper records of inventory and standing crops.
- Prepare the Seeds and Consumables valuations.
- Prepare the Crops in field valuations.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, experience, skills, and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, business management, commerce, and accounting.
- Demonstrated on-farm field experience with any public or private institution in related field for at least 4 years
- Experience in store management and stock inventory control using ERP system.
- Knowledge of procurement following SOP.
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation of field interventions.
- Competencies in data entry, analysis, and risk management.
- Analytical mind with ability to make accurate mathematical computations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, preferably in English and local language.
- Knowledge of computer skills (MS-Office, Outlook, etc.)
- Candidate must have valid driving license and should know 2 and/or 4-wheeler driving.
- The selected candidate must exhibit competencies in
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Critical Thinking, Client Orientation, Teamwork and Communication.
The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 1 year with annual renewal subject to performance. Thereafter, the contract would be renewed based on overall performance and the continued availability of funds. BISA offers an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance.
Email cover letter and CV as a single document with last drawn salary, salary expectations and notice period no later than Monday, February 7, 2022, to Human Resources, CIMMYT / BISA.
(Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Please insert Position Reference number: IN21156 in the subject of your email). Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
BISA is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity.