Events and Visitor Experience Associate Officer (Rome, Italy)
The Alliance of Bioversity International and the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) delivers research-based solutions that harness agricultural biodiversity and sustainably transform food systems to improve people’s lives. Alliance solutions address the global crises of malnutrition, climate change, biodiversity loss, and environmental degradation.
The Alliance works with local, national and multinational partners across Latin America and the Caribbean, Asia and Africa, and with the public and private sectors. The Alliance is part of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food-secure future, dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources and ecosystem services.
With novel partnerships, the Alliance generates evidence and mainstreams innovations to transform food systems and landscapes so that they sustain the planet, drive prosperity, and nourish people in a climate crisis.
The Alliance is part of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food-secure future.
About the position
Based in Rome, Italy, at the Alliance Headquarters, and under the overall supervision of the Administration and Operations Team Leader, the Events and Visitor Experience Associate Officer will be responsible for the coordination of the processes and tasks associated with planning and carrying out a meeting/an event and visitor experience at HQ Rome.
In collaboration with various internal stakeholders within the Organization, the Events and Visitor Experience Associate Officer will (1) be responsible for planning and coordination of events and meetings of the Alliance, including but not limited to logistical support; and (2) ensure high quality visitor experience at the HQ building in Rome.
This position requires a highly organized administrator/coordinator with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Attention to detail, a high degree of professionalism, and strong customer service orientation are essential for effective performance in the role, consistent with the standards and practices of the Alliance.
- Plan, organize and coordinate meetings and other events taking place at the HQ Building or other locations in Rome, including but not limited to logistical arrangements.
- Liaise with organizers, participants, service providers and relevant internal stakeholders within the Alliance, to ensure seamless delivery of services.
- Communicate directly with the client throughout the event planning process to learn requirements and goals and ensure all parties understand relevant information and details.
- Meet with various internal and external stakeholders to discuss and plan event specifications such as scope, format, budget, administrative details, and special requirements.
- Ensure contracts with venue personnel, caterers, hospitality staff, and other vendors/service providers are negotiated to acquire necessary services and activities for events while meeting budgetary objectives.
- Monitor and oversee events from preparation and set-up, compliance with regulations, cooperation between vendors, resolution of issues, and overall satisfaction of participants and sponsors.
- Perform post-event tasks promptly such as meeting with clients to ensure satisfaction.
- Evaluate potential locations, providers, vendors, and other professionals frequently to determine viability for future events and build a personal knowledge base to better serve clients.
- Ensure the effective management, development, resource allocation and delivery for the visitor experience in coordination with the various functions within the Alliance, ensuring high quality visitor experience.
- Responsible for fulfilling an array of job functions in a friendly, positive manner, including but not limited to welcoming and orienting visitors, providing visitor information and assistance.
- Foster and contribute to highly collaborative teamwork and communication within the team and across the Alliance; participating in knowledge and capacity building initiatives to support the delivery of the Alliance’s Business Operations and Finance functions and the Alliance’s business plan(s).
- Perform other relevant tasks as assigned by the supervisor to advance delivery of office services, consistent within the scope of the role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business Administration, Public Administration, Project Management, Hospitality, or in a related field.
- Previous relevant work experience (preferably minimum 3 years) in a similar role is desirable.
- Experience in an international and multicultural working environment is desirable.
- Knowledge of events planning, execution, and logistics.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Fluent in English and Italian – oral and written; working knowledge of French and Spanish is desirable.
- Ability to manage and oversee numerous, complex projects simultaneously with competing deadlines.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office Suite (including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and SharePoint), as well as experience in using ERP systems (e.g., Oracle, Peoplesoft, Agresso, Office).
- A proven ability to work effectively with a broad range of stakeholders and partners with different cultural and educational backgrounds, and levels of seniority.
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity, discretion, and tact.
- Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong customer orientation and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to uphold the highest ethical and professional standards.
Terms of employment
This is a locally recruited position which will be based in Rome, Italy, at the Alliance Headquarters. The salary is level 8, on a scale of 14 levels, with level 14 being the highest. The salary range starts from Euro 50,030 per annum. The Alliance offers an attractive remuneration package which includes a competitive salary, leave provisions, medical and life insurance, and non-contributory retirement plan. The contract will be for a period of 2 years, subject to a probationary period of 6 months, and is renewable based on performance and availability of funds.
Please note that eligible applicants must have the legal status to live and work in Italy:
- Be Italian nationals holding a valid passport or identity card.
- Or be EU citizens holding a valid passport or identity card and confirmation of registration from the Registrar’s Office (Anagrafe)
- Or non–EU citizens holding a valid Italian work permit (permesso di soggiorno per lavoro subordinato)
Please apply online through the website (https://alliancebioversityciat.org/careers) no later than 14 January 2024, attaching a curriculum vitae, motivation letter, both in English, and contact information (e.g. names, email address) of at least three references. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for applications: 14 January 2024
We invite you to learn more about us at:
Please visit our careers page at: