Electronic Security System / CCTV Coordinator
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Electrnic Security System – CCTV Coordinator to work in the Risk Management Unit of CIMMYT.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Coordinate the activities of the monitor control room:
- CCTV (HQ and stations)
- Fire alarm system
- Access Control Systems
- GPS tracking Systems
- Administering the access management system of the different buildings.
- Manage ID card access system, including all new hire / departure requests, lost or stolen card requests, and regular maintenance
- Preparation of annual maintenance program to CCTV, access management systems and GPS systems.
- Coordinate and supervise the periodic preventive and corrective maintenance of equipment
- Conducts the investigations requested by his/her supervisor
- Develop the procedures related to CCTV and access management systems.
- Administer the massive notification system.
- Activation of the alarm system in case of emergency
- Ensure systems availability, functionality, integrity, and efficiency
- Select and run diagnostic routines and performs troubleshooting techniques to identify and quantify system problems
- Develop and maintain the emergency procedures for the monitor room.
- Develop and implement new projects related to access control systems, fire system, smoke detection, CCTV system and automation.
- Management of BMS, fire detectors, vehicle access control system, fire, emergency boards and monitors and CCTV.
- Supervise the monitoring to the different facilities and units of the organization
- Preparation of daily CCTV report
- Personnel management (Incident control, vacation, overtime, and performance appraisal).
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering or Computer Sciences
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Advanced level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of C1 as per CEFR).
- Excellent computer skills, including in MS Office software, database or research applications, Windows Operating System, CCTV systems and the Internet
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Achievement Orientation, Problem Solving, Multicultural Awareness/Sensitivity, Communication, Pro-activity, Teamwork and Time Management.
- The candidate must exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
- Ability to prepare regularly-used documents and reports without assistance.
- Proficiency to use standard software at an advanced level. Typically this would include minor programming using macros, mail merge, designing customized reports, developing audio visual presentations, etc. with occasional assistance.
- Advanced skills in Windows Operating System, LAN, and Internet
- Complex use of Simple systems
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M21133 Electronic Security System – CCTV Coordinator. Screening and follow up will begin on Friday, March 12, 2021. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Ricardo Perez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.