Data management and analysis (Assistant Research Associate)
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking an experienced professional to support the Cereal Systems Initiative for South Asia (www.csisa.org) project funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and the US Agency for International Development. CSISA is CIMMYT’s flagship for sustainable intensification in South Asia and incorporates programming across the innovation to impact continuum in Nepal, Bangladesh, and selected states in India.
Details of the position, location and TOR for the position are below and available at www.jobsnepal.com.
Position title: Data management and analysis (Assistant Research Associate)
Reference No: N20174
Duty station: Kathmandu
Major duties and responsibilities
- Standardize data collection templates for CSISA’s research data in ODK so that data are comparable across sites and investments.
- Provide technical backstopping and troubleshooting, data checks and management of CSISA data.
- Integrate CSISA’s data into an online mapping application linked to CSISA’s website.
- Work with project partners to aggregate spatial data from external sources, including remotely-sensed information.
- Support the collection and compilation of CSISA’s M&E data as needed.
- Train field staff on the proper collection, storage and sharing of data.
- Conduct analysis in consultation with the CSISA team.
- Participate in the publication of research results through annual reports, presentations and publications.
- Undertaking other related tasks as needed from supervisor
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- MSc in GIS/Geomatics or data science.
- At least 2 years of experience with data management and analysis.
- Demonstrated skills in R and/or other languages such as Python.
- Demonstrated skills on designing ODK based survey.
- Demonstrated ability to guide field technical staff and provide backstopping and mentoring.
- Ability to analyze complex data, carry out and explain computations or to resolve complex problems.
- Ability to communicate and write reports in English.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, teamwork, Critical Thinking and Client Orientation.
Candidates must send their CV and cover letter to Recruit-Nepal@cgiar.org no later than February 21, 2021.
Please include position and reference number in the subject of your email.
Incomplete applications (without CV and cover letter, or no position and reference number on email subject) will not be taken into consideration.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.