Country Manager, Bangladesh (19-62)
Category: Research and Development
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking a dynamic Country Manager to oversight the project activities at the country level to guarantee the delivery of donor commitments. This is a great opportunity to contribute to agricultural transformation in Bangladesh working closely with government and commercial partners from several sectors to improve potato value chains as pathways to more resilient, nutritious and profitable agri-food systems in Bangladesh.
The position: This position will be based in Dhaka, Bangladesh and will report to the Regional Director for Asia. The scientist will be engaged primarily in the implementation of project related research activities in the region, to strengthen potato research in a holistic manner by interlinking specific disciplines into a systems approach. The scientist should be committed to using research for development in a complex cooperative environment of research and development partners, specifically focusing in capacity building of partners in a PPP approach, in alignment with CIP’s regional priority setting.
What are we looking for?
- PhD or MSc degree in agronomy, seed system or related field, preferably in potato or sweetpotato.
- At least 6-8 years of professional experience at a senior operating role in a global research organization or business enterprises in multiple countries.
- Demonstrated project management, financial reporting, and management experience.
- Demonstrated success in working within inter-disciplinary teams and partnerships for research implementation.
- Excellent leadership skills to promote effective collaboration within the team and across partner organizations.
- Experience working in developing country context is required; specific experience in Asia is an advantage.
- Strong publication records consistent with years of experience;
- Proactive, innovative and creative attitudes;
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Bengali are required.
Why should you consider this opportunity?
- CIP is an international organization that has a strong, state-of-the-art R&D background.
- CIP is a recent World Food Prize Winner, and CIP has been recently awarded the Al-Sumait Award for our Orange Flesh Sweet Potato work in Africa.
- CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improved nutrition and well-being, and gender equality for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world.
- CIP is a member of the CGIAR, a network of 15 research centers that are mostly located in the developing world and supported by more than 50 donor members.
- Great career opportunity in an international organization.
- Generous compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Three-year term contract with the possibility of renewal.
- Work in an equal and diverse workplace.
Applicants should apply online through our CIP’s Job Opportunities website (https://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/), including a letter of motivation, a full C.V. with the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience. Screening of applications will begin on September 06, 2019 and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged; only short-listed candidates will be contacted.