Consultant - PHP Developer - Remote
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL: https://mel.cgiar.org) is multi-center and multi-CRP online platform for integrated management, monitoring, and reporting of projects, from planning to budgeting, risks’ assessment, knowledge sharing and more. MEL creates synergy between research and development partners, bridging competences in a results-oriented platform. MEL allows to save resources and time, reducing paperwork, facilitating administrative steps, quickening project related communications and enabling near real-time data collecting to inform decision-making.
For the further development of this platform, ICARDA seeks to hire a self-driven and competent ‘PHP Developer.’
This talented individual, under the guidance of the M&E, KM Leader and Head of the IT Unit will maintain, develop, design and enhance web-based institutional platform, bridging information and data to enhance the worldwide use of ICARDA’s institutional knowledge and expertise.
Main purpose of position
The consultant is responsible for designing, developing, maintaining and enhancing web-based MEL (Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning) platform for worldwide users. The consultant will ensure that mel.cgiar.org is easy to use and secure.
The International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA) is an international autonomous, non-profit, research organization supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR).
ICARDA’s mission is to reduce poverty, enhance food, water and nutritional security, as well as environmental health in the face of global challenges including climate change. We do this through innovative science, strategic partnerships, linking research to development and capacity development that take into account gender equality and the role of youth in transforming the dry areas. ICARDA works in partnership with governments, universities, civil society, national agricultural research organization, other CGIAR research Centers, and the private sector. With its temporary
Headquarters in Beirut, Lebanon, ICARDA operates in regional and country offices across Africa, Asia and the Middle East. For more information: www.icarda.org
Main tasks will include:
- Design, develop, maintain and enhance web-based MEL platform according to business needs.
- Build efficient, testable and reusable PHP modules based on coding standards for MEL.
- Develop test cases, write and validate test routines to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
- Develop and write code to resolve issues reported for the MEL system.
- Evaluate and ensure written code meets industry standards, is valid, is properly structured, follows security standards, and is compatible with browsers, devices, and operating systems.
- Document the features of the modules delivered to aid in the support and maintenance of new and existing products and services.
- Build and test Application Program Interfaces (APIs) for applications to exchange data.
- Analyze and propose solutions to business and technical requirements for both backend and frontend to ensure enhanced user experience.
- Accountable for compliance with quality control processes (source code changes, documentation, user acceptance test, etc.)
- Act as the first and second level support for the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) system.
- Liaise with external/internal developers, Information Technology Unit, and other stakeholders to translate business needs to technical requirements.
- Work closely with the Global MEL support/development community.