The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Housing and Guest Services Concierge to work in the Housing Department under HR in CIMMYT.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
The position is responsible for supporting all residents, hotel guests and housing staff with a wide range of services including maintenance and repair tasks of the Housing buildings and systems, recreational and sport areas. The position liaises with Maintenance operations and provides a first response to Residents, Guests, Staff and users of Housing services.
- In close relation with Housing Coordinator, act as general point of contact for receiving requests, suggestions, praises, complaints from staff members, residents and visitors in matters related to housing services, to support the development of improvements.
- Provide appliances and materials available in Hospitality on guest’s request, mail and parcel reception, locations into the campus, etc.
- Support in services requested for guests (taxi, internal transportation, Comedor, etc.).
- Correct reception, welcome and delivery keys to guest upon their arrival to CIMMYT.
- Ensure that the welcome kit is correctly placed when coordinating with the relevant areas before the guest arrives at CIMMYT.
- Verify that the keys open the room before the guest arrives and support in case the guest forgets the key inside the room.
- Have correct and updated information for guests and CIMMYT staff about the appropriate processes to be followed in the housing and hotel complex.
- Monitor the reservation process of the recreational and sport areas (Gym, Soccer field, tennis and basket courts, swimming pool, etc.).
- Monitors equipment in sport areas are complete, in good functioning order.
Housing Maintenance Services
- Make sure that the common areas in the housing complex are tidy and clean to provide maximum service and comfort to internal and external guests.
- Carry out simple maintenance / repair services in the Housing area (change of lights, change batteries in a safe, etc.), including residential area, supporting residents with minor maintenance work. Carry out cleaning or urgent maintenance tasks when necessary.
- Liaise with Facilities and the Maintenance area on the Maintenance activities and schedule (= raise tickets through OTRS for required major maintenance and repair activities).
- Support monitor and record incident reports, repairs and/or maintenance activities in rooms and residences.
- Daily review of the recreational areas and laundry equipment to ensure proper use and maintenance is provided as soon as necessary.
- Ensure respect of the trash disposal process and cleanliness of the residential garbage lot.
- Support application of service fees as per Hospitality and Maintenance service catalogue.
- In coordination with the Risk Management Unit, provide occupational safety and health (OHS) support and assist in related safety and health tasks (e.g. brigade members) of hospitality unit.
- Support in cases of emergency (locate a doctor, call an ambulance, contact the CIMMYT security area, etc.)
- Attention to external suppliers, giving them directions and go along with them to residences to verify the work and ensure the satisfaction of the resident.
- Update the inventory of the hospitality area through the registration and follow up of all items located in the area’s warehouse, as well as the movements and rotation of those items in the residences / rooms / facilities of the area.
- Provide logistic support for guests and events (Reservations for restaurants or events purchase of tickets for events, etc.).
- Opening and closing of common areas for events or sport for Hospitality. Alert on issues.
- Operational support in the Hospitality sales garage registering the items that will be put up for sale and coordinating the sale with the finance area.
- Participate to initiatives and events of the Hospitality area.
- Keep the reception and glass door clean, the plants watered.
- Change the water bottles of the dispensers when these are empty.
- Filing and clerical tasks as required.
- Inspection that Housing and Hotel regulations are met by residents and visitors.
- Monitors opportunities for reduction of gas / electricity consumption.
- Perform any additional tasks as assigned by your immediate supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- The selected candidate must have a Technical degree.
- The selected candidate must have more than 10 years of experience in a related position.
- Basic level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of A2 on CEFR. Oral communication and presentation skills required.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Teamwork, Communication, Problem Solving and Decision Making and Client Orientation.
- Regular workdays are Monday to Friday 8 to 5, with the possibility of other workdays or work hours to be required on an ad hoc basis.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M21178 Housing and Guest Services Concierge. Screening and follow up will begin on Friday, August 6th , 2021. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Jaqueline Perez (email@example.com).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.