Communication Officer, CRP-GLDC
- Published on
ICRISAT seeks applications for Communication Officer, CGIAR Research Program on Grain Legumes and Dryland Cereals (CRP-GLDC). The position will be based within the CRP-GLDC Program Management Unit based at ICRISAT’s Headquarters, Hyderabad. The appointee will report to the Program Manager, CRP-GLDC.
CRP-GLDC carries out research activities across 13 priority countries in sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia to increase the productivity, profitability, resilience and marketability of critical and nutritious grain legumes (chickpea, cowpea, pigeonpea, groundnut, lentil, soybean) and cereals (sorghum, pearl millet, finger millet) grown within the agroecologies where poverty, malnutrition, climate change and soil degradation are among the most acute globally. More details on http://gldc.cgiar.org/
ICRISAT is a non-profit, non-political organization that conducts agricultural research for development in Asia and sub-Saharan Africa with a wide array of partners throughout the world. ICRISAT and its partners help empower those living in the semi-arid tropics, especially smallholder farmers, to overcome poverty, hunger, malnutrition and a degraded environment through more efficient and profitable agriculture.
ICRISAT is headquartered in Patancheru near Hyderabad, India, with two regional hubs and five country offices in sub-Saharan Africa. ICRISAT, established in 1972, is a member of the CGIAR Consortium. For more details, see www.icrisat.org.
- Contribute to CRP-GLDC outcomes and objectives through a specific work plan and deliverables
- Implement communications strategy in consultation with Program Manager (CRP-GLDC)
- Actively coordinate communication activities, including support to Director (CRP-GLDC) and Program Manager (CRP-GLDC)
- Write blogs, stories, summaries and media releases that capture attention and turn scientific advances into real life connection in GLDC priority crops and countries
- Write, edit and manage content for website, social media, print and online publications etc. and maintain strategic web and social media presence
- Source content from Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) platform, edit, re-package content for web publishing, social media promotion and develop periodic newsletter
- Identify communication performance indicators, create analytic reports with web and social media statistics
- Develop and update communication guidelines, and facilitate knowledge management
- Design and printing of CRP-GLDC promotional material
- Manage pre- and post-CRP-GLDC event communications in consultation with Program Manager (CRP-GLDC)
- Any other task assigned by Director (CRP-GLDC) and Program Manager (CRP-GLDC)
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Experience in web curation and publishing
- Knowledge of latest publishing and digital technologies
- Experience in using social media strategies to share content
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Prior CGIAR experience will be an additional asset
- Creative and able to execute ideas
- Good team worker
- Masters’ degree in media, science communications, or similar
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in development, communication, and media
- Ability to write science-based stories and edit scientific articles, reports and publications
- Prior experience in a research/not-for-profit institution
- Background in Agriculture and Biological Science in highly preferred
- Experience of working in a multicultural team will be preferred
- Multi-lingual capability, especially in French
This is a Locally Recruited Staff (LRS) cadre position, for two years, renewable on an annual basis depending on performance and the project’s continuing need for the position.
How to Apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 03 May, 2019 with latest Curriculum Vitae, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about your professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please CLICK HERE to submit your application
“ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer”