The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking an experienced professional to support the Cereal Systems Initiative for South Asia (www.csisa.org) project funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and the US Agency for International Development. CSISA is CIMMYT’s flagship for sustainable intensification in South Asia and incorporates programming across the innovation to impact continuum in Nepal, Bangladesh, and selected states in India.
Duty station: Kathmandu
- Lead the development and implementation of communications strategies appropriate to CIMMYT and CSISA’s funders in line with project branding requirements.
- Develop a communications strategy for CSISA’s portfolio in Nepal.
- Support communications strategy for CSISA within the region (India, Nepal and Bangladesh), along with fellow Communicators in the region.
- Lead and work with partners to develop and disseminate targeted messages to different stakeholders on the key projects implemented by CSISA’s portfolio in the region.
- Coordinate content creation, calendaring and distribution across CSISA platforms (website, social media, blogs and other internal/external outlets), in coordination with the CSISA Project Manager and Project Leader.
- Contribute content to CIMMYT’s internal and external communications platforms in coordination with CIMMYT’s Communications team at HQ.
- Writing, editing, and proofreading online and print content.
- Lead new approaches to create and distribute multimedia content to the supported CSISA projects.
- Coordinate regularly with local vendors (printing, graphic design, video) for timely, high-quality communications products, according to needs.
- Utilize social media tools to distribute content and engage with funders and partners.
- Support relations between CSISA projects and print, broadcast and online media.
- Support joint communications and media opportunities with funders, partners and private sector stakeholders in India.
- Contribute to online outreach campaigns, in conjunction with the CSISA/CIMMYT researchers and CIMMYT’s Communications team.
- Link with other agricultural organizations on campaigns.
- Any other related duty as required by the supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- The position’s holder should have a master’s degree in Journalism, Communications, International Development or relevant field.
- 6+ years of experience in science communications, journalism, marketing, media campaigns and/or non-profit communication. Less years of experience will be considered for exemplary candidates.
- Demonstrated competencies and a strong portfolio of communications products developed in previous employment.
- Experience working in USAID project will be considered an asset
- Proficiency in English. Candidates with IELTS score will be exempted from English test.
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English for diverse media,
- Proficiency in use of social networking, new media tools and WordPress platforms is a plus.
- Knowledge of Mac- and Windows-based operating systems and specialized software such as Microsoft Office, Acrobat, PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign and Flash are a plus.
- Basic photography skill is desired
- In consultation with Project Leader and Project Manager, ability to multi-task and independently manage workflow and outputs to meet deliverable schedules.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Decision-Making, Relationship Management, Problem-Solving, Innovation and Creativity and Multi-Cultural Awareness/Sensitivity.
Candidates must go through the link below and submit the application with detailed information no later than January 10th, 2023.
Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.