CGIAR System Organization: Manager/Senior Manager, Results and Program Performance
- Published on
Position: Manager/Senior Manager, Results and Program Performance
- Duty Station: Rome, Italy
- Closing date for applications: 20 January 2019
We are looking for a highly skilled professional to fill the position of Manager/Senior Manager, Results and Program Performance who will work with various internal and external stakeholders to steward development, implementation, and monitoring of CGIAR’s program performance management and reporting systems. Measuring and achieving results is hugely important to achieving CGIAR’s strategic organizational goals and as such, we are embarking on an ambitious effort to strengthen its System-wide performance management and results reporting systems in which this position will play a critical role.
Who we are
CGIAR is a global research partnership for a food-secure future. CGIAR science is dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources and ecosystem services. Its research is carried out by 15 CGIAR Centers in close collaboration with hundreds of partners, including national and regional research institutes, civil society organizations, academia, development organizations, and the private sector. These 15 Centers have close to 10,000 staff based in over 50 countries.
Established in 2012, the CGIAR System Organization provides governance to the CGIAR System in collaboration with the System Council and has about 40 staff. The System Organization is committed to cultivating a work environment that reflects teamwork, gender equality, and respect for diversity. We endeavor to foster a multi-cultural environment that is free of any form of harassment and discrimination; and that embraces and values individuals regardless of age, ethnicity, race, gender, national or social origin, marital status or any other form of personal identity.
Summary of the position
A key member of CGIAR System Organization’s Programs Unit, the position is responsible for the following broad areas of work:
- Through consultative processes, further development and monitoring of Program Performance Standards for CGIAR;
- Management of CGIAR System-wide program performance reporting, including the preparation of consolidated annual analyses of the CGIAR portfolio of research in consultation with CGIAR’s Centers according to agreed criteria; and
- Further development and improvement of System-wide results reporting and program performance management.
- Cultivating strong relationships to facilitate effective engagement and collaboration with relevant communities of practice, advisory functions, and many diverse stakeholders.
A detailed job description is available here:
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
This position requires an innovative and results-oriented professional with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a track record of systems development in complex partnership-based environments. To apply for this position, the ideal candidate must possess:
- An advanced degree in natural or social sciences or related technical field
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in similar roles responsible for design and implementation of monitoring and/or evaluation systems in complex long-term international research and/or agricultural development programs
- Analytical skills relevant to research, acquisition, and analysis of appropriate data for effective problem-solving and/or decision-making
- Good proficiency in the use of MS Windows-based software packages, including word processing, spreadsheets and presentation programs
- Capacity to foster effective, trusting, collaborative relationships both in the office team and with external stakeholders
How to Apply
Please send your application letter and CV in English and as separate attachments to
SMO-HR@cgiar.org; ensuring that neither document contains your marital status, age or photograph.
Note: All received applications will be acknowledged, however, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Applications received after the closing date for applications will not be considered.
Terms and Conditions of Employment
The selected candidate will be employed by the CGIAR System Organization. Appointments are typically for a fixed term of 3 years, with a possibility of renewal subject to the System Organization’s needs and funding.
The CGIAR System Organization is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive compensation with a favorable taxation arrangement in France, and comprehensive employee benefits comprising extensive insurance coverage, a retirement plan and relocation support where applicable.