The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Buyer to work in the CSP program.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Provides Procurement Support to Regional Offices and Shared Services
- Administrative tasks:
- PO’s submissions and confirmations on Institutional ERP
- Maintain the Track & Trace report to enable the proper transactional follow up with the back office area.
- Prepare documents for new vendors Setup.
- Enable the system closing on PO’s when a reclassification of General Ledger journal needs to be created and posted
- Supplier identification and negotiation:
- Identify in market place suitable suppliers based on client requisition and Get quotations based on Institutional requirements and performance benchmarks
- Identify, propose and develop relations with new suppliers according with Institutional needs
- Execute bidding processes for institutional projects at HQ and Institutional Global Framework
- Establish an efficient communication channel between suppliers and Front Desk Representation
- Negotiate with external suppliers the best value for expenditure and establish delivery dates according requirements
- Continuous improvement:
- Instill a service oriented mindset with efficacy and efficiency in the procurement operations
- After sales support:
- In case of CIMMYT requestor complaints, support / interact / negotiate with supplier to find a solution
- Vendor evaluation:
- Supports periodic vendor evaluation process
- This position is responsible for high-value operations as well as coordinating the procurement process for projects with specific requirements
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- The selected candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in International Trade, Trade Relations, Business Administration, Finance or Logistics.
- The selected candidate must have more than 5 years of experience in a related position.
- Advanced level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of C1 on CEFR. Oral communication and presentation skills required.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Critical Thinking, Teamwork, Negotiation and Conflict Resolution and Problem Solving and Decision Making.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.