The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Buyer to work in the Supply Chain / Procurement unit of CIMMYT.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico. Please note that this is a strictly temporary position due to maternity leave, for 3 months.
- Ensure operation, advisory and compliance on Procurement Policies within the Supply Chain Transactions.
- Purchase Orders submissions and confirmations
- Negotiate and establish delivery dates according requirements.
- Ensure a service oriented mindset with efficacy and efficiency in the procurement operations.
- Identify, propose and develop relations with new suppliers according with Institutional needs.
- Identify, configure, plan and execute bidding processes to be perform for institutional projects.
- Establish an efficient communication channel between suppliers, internal users and programs.
- Establishment of key performance indicators for procurement operations and HQ Procurement Team.
- Perform other related tasks within the job level as may be requested by the immediate supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- The selected candidate must have a Bachelors Degree in International Business, Foreign Trade, Business Administration or similar.
- Experience in Procurement to Pay process (P2P).
- Experience on sourcing about Indirect Purchases: MROs, Lab reagents, Facilities maintenance, Office supplies, Fleet, IT, field equipment and others.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in similar Buyer positions or activities.
- Intermediate level of English. English will be tested, and the candidate should score a minimum of B1 on CEFR.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe software. Experience with ticketing systems software is desirable. Experience with Dynamics 365 and AX Dynamics is highly desirable.
- The candidate must exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Customer Orientation, Proactivity, Problem Solving Negotiator, and Achievement Orientation.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development.
Candidates must apply online to M21123 Buyer. Screening and follow up will begin on Friday, March 5, 2021. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Ricardo Perez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.