B23256 Cook Cum Cleaner
CIMMYT is a cutting edge, non-profit, international organization dedicated to solving tomorrow’s problems today. It is entrusted with fostering improved quantity, quality, and dependability of production systems and basic cereals such as maize, wheat, triticale, sorghum, millets, and associated crops through applied agricultural science, particularly in the Global South, through building strong partnerships. This combination enhances the livelihood trajectories and resilience of millions of resource-poor farmers, while working towards a more productive, inclusive, and resilient agrifood system within planetary boundaries.
For more information, visit cimmyt.org.
CIMMYT is looking for a Cook Cum Cleaner to keep the kitchen organized and running efficiently. The candidate ensures proper food handling, sanitation, and tracking food storage.
The location of this position will be CIMMYT – Bangladesh Dhaka Office.
- Preparing and assembling ingredients for menu items.
- Preparing high-quality meals and food items according to company recipes.
- Storing excess food at the correct temperature in order to avoid spoilage.
- Ensuring that food portions and food presentation meet company standards.
- Monitoring supplies and re-ordering stock as needed.
- Ensuring that cooking utensils are clean before each use.
- Cleaning and sterilizing food preparation areas.
- Assisting other cooks to ensure that food orders are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that food health and safety regulations are followed.
- Ensure daily cleaning open spaces, floor, kitchen, tea corner equipment Furniture, washroom, paper bucket & other equipment’s with using water & cleaning materials.
- Ensure operate, cleaning & take care of refrigerator, ovens, air conditioner & other kitchen equipment’s.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Supervisor.
Required qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- Sound knowledge of cooking methods and techniques.
- Proven experience working as a Cook.
- The ability to follow recipes.
- The ability to work in a team.
- The ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Effective communication skills.
- Effective cleaning techniques to maintain a clean and sanitized kitchen and office space.
- Bangla reading and writing knowledge is desirable.
- Knowledge of various cuisines and cooking methods,
- ability to follow recipes and instructions
- Knowledge of food safety and hygiene practices
- Cleaning Techniques
- Self-motivated and Proactive.
- The selected candidate should exhibit the following competencies: Critical and Creative Thinking, Client Orientation, Communication and Teamwork.
The position is for Bangladesh Nationals for an initial fixed-term contract of 1-year with 3 months probationary period, which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT will provide a nationally competitive salary and benefits that include comprehensive health and life insurance, paid vacation, contributions to a retirement plan, and a range of other benefits as required by Bangladesh law.
Please apply online to B23256 Office Cook Cum Cleaner no later than Monday, Dec 25 2023. For more information on the process please e-mail Human Resources, CIMMYT (Email: CIM-Recruitment-BD@cgiar.org )
Applications must include a CV and a cover letter. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.