B23255 Office Cleaner
CIMMYT is a cutting edge, non-profit, international organization dedicated to solving tomorrow’s problems today. It is entrusted with fostering improved quantity, quality, and dependability of production systems and basic cereals such as maize, wheat, triticale, sorghum, millets, and associated crops through applied agricultural science, particularly in the Global South, through building strong partnerships. This combination enhances the livelihood trajectories and resilience of millions of resource-poor farmers, while working towards a more productive, inclusive, and resilient agrifood system within planetary boundaries.
For more information, visit cimmyt.org.
CIMMYT is looking for a dedicated and reliable individual with strong experience in maintaining office cleanliness and tidiness. The incumbent should be self-motivated and proactive for the position of Cleaner.
The location of this position will be CIMMYT – Bangladesh Dhaka Office.
- Ensure daily cleaning open spaces, floor, kitchen, tea corner equipment Furniture, washroom, paper bucket & other equipment’s with using water & cleaning materials.
- Ensure operate, cleaning & take care of refrigerator, ovens, air conditioner & other kitchen equipment’s.
- Wash and Clean washroom towel and clothes, kitchen equipment etc.
- Cleaning the toilet, basins, paper basket and ensure toilet paper, soap and towel in toilet.
- Assist to supply of tea/coffee to the staff/meeting/visitor.
- Assist loading and unloading of machine/other material as and when required.
- Vacuum carpeted areas and furniture.
- Dust and polish various surfaces
- Restock bathrooms with supplies.
- Empty trash bins
- Keep track of cleaning schedule
- Any other tasks assigned by the Supervisor.
- Prior experience on basic cleaning handling is desirable.
- Office cleaners must have a keen eye for detail and be committed to cleaning every surface thoroughly.
- Knowledge of hygiene practices Cleaning Techniques
- Self-motivated and Proactive.
- The selected candidate should exhibit the following competencies: Critical and Creative Thinking, Client Orientation, Communication and Teamwork.
The position is for Bangladesh Nationals for an initial fixed-term contract of 1-year with 3 months probationary period, which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT will provide a nationally competitive salary and benefits that include comprehensive health and life insurance, paid vacation, contributions to a retirement plan, and a range of other benefits as required by Bangladesh law.
Please apply online to B23255 Office Cleaner, no later than Monday, Dec 25 2023. For more information on the process please e-mail Human Resources, CIMMYT (Email: CIM-Recruitment-BD@cgiar.org )
Applications must include a CV and a cover letter. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.