Assistant/Research Associate – Data Analytics
The Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA) is a non-profit international research institute dedicated to food, nutrition and livelihood security as well as environmental rehabilitation in South Asia, which is home to more than 300 million undernourished people. BISA is a collaborative effort involving CIMMYT and the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR). Please refer to these website for more information: www.bisa.org and www.cimmyt.org
We are seeking dynamic, innovative and self-motivated professional with a specialization with a specialization in Crop Modelling. We are expecting the person to contribute the work on crop modelling for making informed decisions on climate risk management, climate change adaptation at the farm scale to the policy level.
The position will be based in Delhi.
The main responsibilities of this position will be:
- To use advanced analytical techniques to develop and monitor indicators for climate adaptation, and crop yield growth using data from agriculture fields.
- To provide data analytics support to the BISA team including analysis on climate risks and climate smart agriculture indicators.
- To coordinate technical support and field activities assigned to the project areas on data collection, analysis, and interpretation.
- To document results in the form of reports, journal papers and media reports.
- Contribute into the other activities as assigned by the supervisor.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualification, skills and attitudes:
- MSc in statistics/Economics/ or MSc/ MTech with graduation in agriculture.
- At least 2 years’ relevant experience in statistical analysis/econometrics/ artificial intelligence/handling large spatial datasets.
- Experience of Stata and R is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge on project management and M&E activities.
- Knowledge on climate change, climate smart agriculture and adaptation/mitigation is a plus.
- The candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Teamwork, Critical Thinking, Communication and Multi-Cultural Awareness.
The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 1 year, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. BISA offers an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance.
Email cover letter and CV as a single document with last drawn salary, salary expectations and notice period no later than Wednesday, April 27, 2022 to Human Resources, CIMMYT / BISA
(Email: email@example.com / Please insert Position Reference number: IN22127 in the subject of your email).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CIMMYT-BISA is an equal-opportunity employer and strives for staff diversity in gender and nationality.