Andean Agri-food Systems Senior Scientist (18-89)
- Published on
Category: Research and Development
Location: Lima Lima Peru
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking a highly motivated and visionary senior scientist to develop and lead the development of an Andean Agri-Food Systems Initiative.
About the role: This position will be based in Lima, Peru and will report to the regional Director for Latin America and the Caribbean.
- PhD in relevant agriculture-related disciplines such us Agronomy, Agricultural economics, agri-business or related to agri-food systems.
- At least 8 years’ experience in a scientific or development oriented (international) organization. Experience in Latin American and the Caribbean (LAC) will be essential.
- Scientific experience in at least two of the key intervention areas included in the Andean Initiative.
- Demonstrated people management and team building skills.
- Proven ability to inspire and empower colleagues as much as stakeholders.
- Proactive approach, with ability to find creative ways to solve problems and proven ability to create, advance and implement concepts and innovations leveraging on excellent team work skills.
- Superb written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish are essential.
- Good working environment
- Great career opportunity in an international organization.
- Salary will be internationally competitive, paid in US dollars, and commensurate with experience.
- Comprehensive international insurance coverage.
- Attractive retirement plan.
- Three-year term contract with the possibility of renewal.
- Work in an equal and diverse workplace.