AfricaRice - Research Assistant Nutritionist
Research Assistant Nutritionist
The Africa Rice Center (AfricaRice) is looking for a highly qualified Research Assistant Nutritionist to be based in Ambovombe, Madagascar. He /she will work under the supervision of the Project Coordinator in Madagascar.
The Africa Rice Center (AfricaRice) is a leading pan-African rice research organization committed to improving livelihoods in Africa through strong science and effective partnerships. AfricaRice is a CGIAR
Research Center. It is also an intergovernmental association of 28 African member countries, with headquarters in Côte d’Ivoire.
Under the supervision of Project Coordinator, the Research Assistant nutritionist will perform these below activities, but are not limited to:
• Strengthen technical quality in nutrition intervention delivery ensuring mainstreaming of root and tuber crops nutrition in health, agriculture, education, community development and social welfare in synergy with all partners.
• Conduct, analyse and document the experiment’s findings to contribute with the internal discussion and potential publication paper.
• Conduct awareness campaign on nutrition in collaboration with ONN and NGO working in nutrition
• Provide technical and planning support to design and coordinate food availability surveys, consumption studies, and other nutrition related studies.
• Supervise research activities in different settings to guarantee the experiments implementation and execution is being follow correctly.
• Contribute to the development of advocacy materials, nutrition messages, food guides, recipe books, and media strategies to create awareness of the health benefits.
• Support on administration and logistics operations to guarantee an effective supply chain for the projects’ needs.
• Conduct statistical research analysis outlining conclusions for supervisors to contribute with the draft paper’s elaboration.
• Support first level analysis of related nutrition data to guarantee the results are accurate and complete.
• Develop new strategies for different projects activities to contribute with new protocols and procedures.
Qualifications /Selection Criteria
Education: Master’s degree in nutritionist, Agronomy, Biology, or related field.
• At least 6 years of experience required in similar position
• Previous emergency experiences
• Working under stress with difficult conditions
Knowledge and Key Competencies:
• Advance level of MS Office
• Advance knowledge of database work.
• Field and laboratory equipment managing.
• Data base management.
• Preparation of reports and scientific publications.
• Statistical research analysis.
• Experimental design, planning and managing field experiments.
• Analytical Thinking
• Planning & Organization
• Continuous Improvement
The candidate should communicate fluently (oral and writing) in English, have a good working knowledge
in French and should also speak Malagasy.
Terms and conditions
• This is a regional recruited position.
• AfricaRice provides an attractive salary and benefits package and a collegial and gender sensitive working environment.
• The initial appointment is for one (1) year with renewal of contract possibility based on performance and availability of funding.
How to apply
• Only online applications will be considered (If you encounter any technical issue on the career site during your application, or you are prevented to proceed with your application until its final completion: Please kindly revert to us along with the screenshot of the issue through
this email: africariceHR@cgiar.org). Applications are not allowed through this email.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To Apply click on this following link: http://eservices.africarice.org/application/index.php and follow
these below instructions:
1.Create an account if you are a new user, if not log on with your credentials to access active vacancies
2.Select “Research Assistant Nutritionist”
3.Follow the step-by-step application procedure.
Not later than 06 November 2021
AfricaRice promotes equal opportunities and believes that the diversity of its staff contributes to excellence.
We thank all candidates, but remember that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. www.AfricaRice.org
For more information on AfricaRice, please visit our website at