AfricaRice - Head of Administration and Finance
Head of Administration and Finance
The Africa Rice Center (AfricaRice) is looking for a highly qualified head of administration and finance to be based in Antananarivo station in AfricaRice, Madagascar. He /she will work under the supervision of
the Regional Finance Manager.
The Africa Rice Center (AfricaRice) is a leading pan-African rice research organization committed to improving livelihoods in Africa through strong science and effective partnerships. AfricaRice is a CGIAR
Research Center. It is also an intergovernmental association of 28 African member countries, with headquarters in Côte d’Ivoire.
Under the supervision of Regional Finance Manager, the Head of Administration and Finance will perform these below activities, but are not limited to:
• Lead all financial and administrative tasks and team members in Madagascar, ensuring compliance to CIP’s policies and procedures.
• Improve the assigned sub – unit, processes and policies in support of organizations mission.
• Serve as part of the organization´s leadership team and contribute to the development and execution of strategic decisions of the Sub-Unit.
• Manage the preparation and/or development of annual work/budget plans based on operational objectives and monitor the implementation.
• Develop and maintain partnerships with various stakeholders (public and private sectors), to coordinate cross functional operational project outputs, timelines and delivery of new technologies.
• Participate in organization wide activities and represent the Sub-Unit at various meetings or events.
• Ensure that the activities of the Sub-Unit are undertaken in accordance with the governance, policy and regulatory frameworks of the organization.
• Supervise direct staff by providing ongoing people management, development, recruitment, and retention strategies.
Member of people management team to evaluate performance across the unit.
Qualifications /Selection Criteria
Education: Master’s degree in finance, accounting economics and management or related area
Knowledge and Key Competencies:
• At least 7 years of experience required in economics and management
• Accounting software packages (Preferably ABW)
• Strong professional experience in accounting preferably in a non-profit environment.
• Experience working with Pre- and post-award grants administration and standard contract clauses.
• Accounting, Budget, and cash management
• Good Knowledge of project financial management (planning, implementation, evaluation)
• Good experience in procurement
• Knowledge Audit of projects, public sector and international public development institutions
• Risk management
• Quality management
• Good experience in human resources management (recruitment, payroll, payroll taxation,
• Good knowledge in development of accounting, administrative and financial procedures manuals
• Leadership & People Management
• Decision Making
The candidate should communicate fluently (oral and writing) in English and have a good working knowledge in French.
Terms and conditions
• This is a regional recruited position.
• AfricaRice provides an attractive salary and benefits package and a collegial and gender sensitive working environment.
• The initial appointment is for one (1) year with renewal of contract possibility based on performance and availability of funding.
How to apply
• Only online applications will be considered (If you encounter any technical issue on the career site during your application, or you are prevented to proceed with your application until its
final completion: Please kindly revert to us along with the screenshot of the issue through this email: africariceHR@cgiar.org). Applications are not allowed through this email.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To Apply click on this following link: http://eservices.africarice.org/application/index.php and follow
these below instructions:
1.Create an account if you are a new user, if not log on with your credentials to access active vacancies
2.Select “Head of Administration and Finance”
3.Follow the step by step application procedure.
Not later than 06 November 2021
AfricaRice promotes equal opportunities and believes that the diversity of its staff contributes to excellence. We thank all candidates, but remember that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information on AfricaRice, please visit our website at: www.AfricaRice.org