AfricaRice - Data Management Specialist
Research Assistant – Data Management Specialist
The Africa Rice Center (AfricaRice) is looking for a highly qualified research assistant – data management specialist to be based in Antananarivo station in AfricaRice, Madagascar. He /she will
work under the supervision of the Project Coordinator in Madagascar.
The Africa Rice Center (AfricaRice) is a leading pan-African rice research organization committed to improving livelihoods in Africa through strong science and effective partnerships. AfricaRice is a CGIAR
Research Center. It is also an intergovernmental association of 28 African member countries, with headquarters in Côte d’Ivoire.
Under the supervision of Project Coordinator, the research assistant data management specialist will perform these below activities, but are not limited to:
• Contribute with the strategic planning of sub-unit
• Oversee and manage day to day operations of the sub-unit
• Contribute to the development of data management systems, databases and tools
• Contribute with business development activities looking for opportunities to provide solutions to internal and external customers
• Develop data extraction, storage and preparation protocols
• Implement and monitor data quality control protocols, including audits and backups
• Develop work platforms and storage and access protocols that are pratical, understandable and user-friendly
• Promote data management concepts and best practices across all research departments
• Prepare learning modules on techniques and methods of conservation and preservation of data.
• Plan training programs on techniques and methods of conservation and preservation of data.
• Monitor the use of curated data to determine the impact and priority of future efforts in data management.
• Provide support in data management processes to all departments
• Liaise with the Data Management Officer in Nairobi Kenya
Qualifications /Selection Criteria
Education: Master’s degree in biology, Agronomy, Biotechnology, or related area
Knowledge and Key Competencies:
• At least Three years of experience required in data management
• Profound Knowledge and experience in data management and statistical analysis software
• Experience in the management and preservation of biological data.
• Experience in consulting, training, and support to users of statistical analysis software
• Experience in ensuring the quality of research data
• Previous emergency experience
• Innovation, teamwork, accountability, and integrity
The candidate should communicate fluently (oral and writing) in English and French and should also speak Malagasy.
Terms and conditions
• This is a regional recruited position.
• AfricaRice provides an attractive salary and benefits package and a collegial and gender sensitive working environment.
• The initial appointment is for one (1) year with renewal of contract possibility based on performance and availability of funding.
How to apply
• Only online applications will be considered (If you encounter any technical issue on the career site during your application, or you are prevented to proceed with your application until its final completion: Please kindly revert to us along with the screenshot of the issue through this email: africariceHR@cgiar.org). Applications are not allowed through this email.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To Apply click on this following link: http://eservices.africarice.org/application/index.php and follow
these below instructions:
1.Create an account if you are a new user, if not log on with your credentials to access active vacancies
2.Select “Research Assistant – Data Management Specialist”
3.Follow the step-by-step application procedure.
Not later than 06 November 2021
AfricaRice promotes equal opportunities and believes that the diversity of its staff contributes to excellence.
We thank all candidates, but remember that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For more information on AfricaRice, please visit our website at: www.AfricaRice.org