AfricaRice: CORIS Project Accountant
CORIS Project Accountant
The Africa Rice Center (AfricaRice) is seeking a highly qualified Accountant who will be based at the AfricaRice Headquarters in Abidjan Côte d’Ivoire. He /she will work under the Leadership and supervision of the CORIS (COVID 19 Response Rice Seed) Project Coordinator.
The Africa Rice Center (AfricaRice) is a leading pan-African rice research organization committed to improving livelihoods in Africa through strong science and effective partnerships. AfricaRice is a CGIAR Research Center. It is also an intergovernmental association of 28 African member countries, with headquarters in Côte d’Ivoire.
Under the Leadership and supervision of the CORIS (COVID 19 Response Rice Seed) Project Coordinator, the Accountant will support the project Coordinator with accounting competences.
The Coris project Accountant is responsible for providing high level professional support to the project Coordinator in order to assure the correct accounting and procurement of CORIS Project support the Project Director in reporting as well as internal and external audits. S/He will conduct activities with specific tasks that include, but are not limited to:
• Assure a proper project accounting related for CORIS Project
• Oversee the Project cashflow (weekly report)
• Organize the procurement process with responsible of procurement
• Write progress reports (institution and donor level – English)
• preparation of internal and external Audits
Education: Master’s degree or equivalent in Accounting or related fields.
Work Experience and key Competencies Required
• 5 years’ work experience in Accounting, within 2 years as a project accountant
• Work experience with an international organization specially in a CGIAR accounting system
• Good Knowledge in MS office including the ability to operate computerized accounting and spreadsheet program
• Ability to learn new ICT applications very fast
• Effective organizational, stress and time management skills
• Ability to work independently or as a team member
• good Agricultural and seed production knowledge
• Proficiency in reporting to donors
• Result driven personal
The candidate should communicate fluently (orally and in writing) in English or French with a good working
knowledge of the other language.
Terms and Conditions
• This is a local recruited position
• AfricaRice provides an attractive international salary and benefits package and a collegial and gender‐sensitive working environment.
• The initial appointment is for one year’s and five Months with the possibility for renewal based on performance and availability of funding.
How to apply
• Only online applications will be considered (If you encounter any technical issue on the career site during your application, or you are prevented to proceed with your application until its final completion:
Please kindly revert to us along with the screenshot of the issue through this email:
africariceHR@cgiar.org. Applications are not allowed through this email.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To Apply click on this following link: http://eservices.africarice.org/application/index.php
and follow these below instructions:
1. Create an account if you are a new user, if not log on with your credentials to access your account
2. Register with your personal details
3. Select “CORIS Project Accountant”
4. Follow the step by step application procedure.
Not later than 29 October 2020.
AfricaRice promotes equal opportunities and believes that the diversity of its staff contributes to excellence. We thank
all candidates but remember that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For more information on AfricaRice,
please visit our website at: www.AfricaRice.org