AfricaRice : Contracts and Grants Manager (CGM)
Contracts and Grants Manager (CGM)
The Africa Rice Center (AfricaRice) is seeking a highly qualified Contracts and Grants Manager (CGM) who will be based at AfricaRice Head Office in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire. S/He will work under the supervision of the Director of
Finance and Corporate Services (DFCS).
The Africa Rice Center (AfricaRice) is a leading pan-African rice research organization committed to improving livelihoods in Africa through strong science and effective partnerships. AfricaRice is a CGIAR Research Center. It is also an intergovernmental association of 28 African member countries, with headquarters in Côte d’Ivoire.Position purpose
The CGM will be responsible for supporting the Portfolio Management of the Center which includes (i) Processing and Management of contracts and grants; (ii) Donor communication and compliance liaison with respect to the Portfolio; (iii) Support to Project management, administration, coordination and delivery; and (iv) Resource
Mobilization development which is two pronged from concept note/proposal development and submission to pipeline monitoring, reporting and development.
Under the supervision of the DFCS, the CGM will undertake activities with specific tasks that include, but are not limited to:
Processing and Management of contracts and grants
• Receive and process contracts and grants from donors and the sub-agreements that are under these prime agreements, exercise due diligence in reviewing the budget, terms and compliance conditions and ensure signature as per the internal clearing process;
• Responsible for communication for negotiating terms of agreements and the provision of necessary supporting documentation and conditions for compliance which includes serving as the liaison for donor
• Manage portfolio reports and ensure entry into OCS, support the upgrade of processing and management functions of conventions and grants in OCS
Donor communication and compliance liaison
• Serve as focal point for all contracts and grants correspondence and actions with donors and partners;
• Ensure oversight and support on compliance both technically and fiduciary of agreements which includes
the delivery technical, financial, audit reports, and other as required by donors;
• Negotiate and problem solve any contractual issues with donors and partners through the direction of Management;
Support to Project management, administration, coordination and delivery
• Support and liaise with, project coordinators, on the management and administration of grants in terms of best practice, reporting issues and clarifications with partners and donors where needed;
• Advise project coordinators on compliance ensuring that administrative measures are properly taken;
• Support oversight on reports, disbursement, and adequate delivery of project outcome deliverables
• Coordinate the provision and submission of any administrative function for grant implementation with project coordinators.
• Support good management practice in the project life cycle of the project:(1) Funding opportunities identification approval; (2) Concept note proposal development;(3) Award, validation, registration and signature; (4) Start-up; (5) Grant execution; (6) Grant closure; (7)Follow-up;
• Serve as focal point of project life cycle management functions and delivery through OCS and other software to facilitate management and track delivery/compliance;
• Serve as focal point for the submission of concept note and proposals which includes reviewing, advising, and ensuring terms of submission are met;
• Provide the Management with reporting updates on the probability of fruition based on the available donor intelligence and other criteria.
Education: Master’s degree in a relevant field, a Master’s in international development will be an added advantage.
Work experience and key competencies required:
• At least 5 years progressive work experience in project management and resource mobilization with at least 3 years in a similar role
• Work experience within an international donor agency or international research organization is desired
• Strong Organizational, Interpersonal, Communication, and Analytical skills
• Strong capacity to work independently
• Strong leadership qualities and willingness to exercise initiative
• Dynamic, able to adapt to changing situations,
• Ability to promote the vision, mission, and strategic goals of AfricaRice and demonstrate integrity by adhering to the Centre’s core values and ethical standards.
• Ability to adapt and facilitate innovation and teamwork in a multicultural environment, including sensitivity to gender, diversity, and inclusion in the Center.
• Excellent communication skills in either English or French, with a working knowledge of the other.
• Ability to plan, organize and deliver results on time with a high degree of accuracy
• Show strong motivation and leadership skills as well as high degree of availability, integrity, and discrete personality
• The candidate should be able to communicate fluently (orally and in writing) in English or French and have a good working knowledge of the other language.
Terms and Conditions
• This is an internationally recruited position.
• AfricaRice provides an attractive salary and benefits package and a collegial and gender-sensitive work environment.
• The initial appointment is for three (3) years with the possibility for renewal based on performance and availability of funding.
How to apply
1. To apply, click on the following link: http://eservices.africarice.org/application/index.php
2. Create an account if you are a new user, if not log on with your credentials to access active vacancies
3. Select “Contracts and Grants Manager (CGM)”
4. Follow the step-by-step application procedure.
Only online applications will be considered (If you encounter any technical issue on the career site during your application, or you are prevented to proceed with your application until its final completion: Please kindly revert to us along with the screenshot of the issue through this email: africariceHR@cgiar.org ).
Applications are not allowed through this email.
Not later than 19 October 2022
AfricaRice promotes equal opportunities and believes that the diversity of its staff contributes to excellence. We thank all candidates, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For more information on AfricaRice, please visit our website at: www.AfricaRice.org