Administrative Assistant - Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning-ICARDA
Icarda HR Team
Reports to: Research Team Leader, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning
Location: Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Main purpose of position
Work typically involves providing general administrative support to the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Research Team Leader and the MEL staff and it generally involves general office, non-specialized work.
The International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA) is an international autonomous, non-profit, research organization supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR).
ICARDA’s mission is to reduce poverty, enhance food, water, and nutritional security, as well as environmental health in the face of global challenges including climate change. We do this through innovative science, strategic partnerships, and linking research to development and capacity development that take into account gender equality and the role of youth in transforming the dry areas. ICARDA works in partnership with governments, universities, civil society, national agricultural research organization, other CGIAR research Centers, and the private sector. With its temporary Headquarters in Beirut, Lebanon, ICARDA operates in regional and country offices across Africa, Asia and the Middle East. For more information: www.icarda.org
• Coordinate the administrative and logistics aspects of events, meetings, workshops, and travel, as required
• Help the MEL team plan its needs, initiate and follow up on requests for procurements, consultants, interns, student requests, and payments in compliance with ICARDA policies and standard practices as well as donor-specific requirements
• Serve as the interface between the Team members, third parties, and ICARDA as needed. Coordinate with Corporate Services Units
• Notify the MEL team of new consultants/interns/students/partners to arrange orientation meetings for the use of the platform
• Ensure that technical reports and data (deliverables) and Capacity Development events produced are uploaded by consultants/interns/students and partners in MEL platform before processing final payments.
Education, qualifications and experience
Essential qualifications and experience
• Diploma and/or BSc Business Management, or equivalent, with a minimum of three years experience in secretarial work and office / administrative support,
• Demonstrated experience of working on confidential matters, ensuring that discretion is exercised when dealing with sensitive information and inquiries, and ensuring that appropriate confidentiality is maintained at all times,
• Demonstrated ability to work harmoniously with diverse colleagues and functions,
• Resourceful and flexible approach,
• Ability to plan and anticipate problems and to problem solve,
• Ability to balance the need for service and efficiency with the need to comply with Team practices and organizational policies,
• Demonstrated proficiency in using Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel and an ERP,
• Fluency in English and ability to read and respond appropriately to correspondence, orally and in writing, and ability to prepare regularly used documents and reports without assistance.
• Professional, confident, courteous, and helpful manner,
• Ability to manage and prioritize tasks and time efficiently.
Terms of appointment, salary and benefits
This is a nationally recruited position for which ICARDA offers an attractive compensation package including a competitive salary, medical insurance, 30 days of annual leave, five months’ maternity leave, 15 days’ paternity leave. The successful candidate will be offered an initial contract of 3 years, renewable subject to satisfactory performance. The first year will be probationary period.
How to apply
Please apply online at this link by 30 July 2022 Applications will be considered on an on-going basis until the position is filled.
ICARDA is committed to increasing women representation in its workforce and strongly encourages applications from qualified women.
Applications will be acknowledged, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.