N-23-75 Administrative Assistant III
The International Potato Center (CIP) is looking for a dynamic Administrative Assistant III with excellent organizational skills to provide support to the GGCI department.
About the role: Assist and support the Head/ UNIT Leader and team members in a wide range of administrative, financial, and general support duties of a highly responsible and confidential nature to guarantee smooth flow and effectiveness of Program/ Department’s operations.
- Facilitate the management of multiple projects/functions simultaneously and follow through on issues to support timely execution.
- Facilitate the preparation of technical and financial reports and documents; prepare background documents and outgoing mail as necessary to speed flow of process.
- Organize and maintain updated Unit’s official correspondence, communicate, and handle incoming and outgoing electronic communications on behalf of the Head/ UNIT Leader to follow up on pending matters with limited direction.
- Assist in the organization of events, workshops, visits, and trainees within the Head/ UNIT Leader.
- Coordinates the assignment of office space, computers, furniture, and equipment.
- Screen and prioritize telephone calls, letters, e-mails and/or visitors to direct them to appropriate party promptly and efficiently
- Note: List above is including but not limited to.
What are we looking for?
- Technical degree in administration or bachelor’s degree
- 3 years of experiences as an Administrative Assistant or related positions.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills, Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Proficiency in English and Spanish
Why should you consider this opportunity?
- CIP is a global and reputable international organization that has a strong, state-of-the-art R&D background.
- CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improving nutrition and well-being, and gender equity for poor people in roots, tubers farming and food systems in the developing world.
- CIP is a member of the CGIAR, a global partnership that unites international organizations engaged in research about food security. CGIAR research aims to reduce rural poverty, increase food security, improve human health and nutrition, and sustainable management of natural resources.
What are we offering?
- Excellent working environment.
- Work in an equal and diverse workplace.
How to apply?
Visit the following link: (http://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/) and submit your cover letter and a full C.V. with your references. Screening of applications will begin on October 17 – 2023 and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This position WILL NOT have contact with children or vulnerable adults
We look forward to receiving applications from individuals with disabilities who are willing to contribute their talents and skills to our team. If you require specific accommodations for the selection process due to a disability, please do not hesitate to inform us.
Learn more about CIP by accessing our web site at http://www.cipotato.org
CIP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and professionals from developing countries are particularly encouraged to apply