The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Administrative Assistant to work in the Global Wheat Program (GWP). Please note that this position is a strictly temporary (6 months).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, and located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Provide efficient and timely administrative support to team members such as but not limited to, travel arrangements, procurement, warehouse, perdiems, transportation services, processing of payment requests, credit card reports, reimbursements, coordination of ticket requests to corporate services units.
- Ensure that relevant administrative documents are properly archived, and summary records are kept and updated regularly for immediate and future reference.
- Organize local and international teleconference and Zoom conferences as required and coordinate the preparation and mailing of meeting documentation duly in advance.
- Respond to routine requests, incoming calls, and translate documents and correspondence as needed, referring to other sources for detailed information.
- Any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- The selected candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in Administration or related fields.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in finance or administration related area.
- User Advanced level in the usage of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.). Experience with MS Dynamics is desirable.
- Intermediate level of English. English will be tested, and candidate should score a minimum of B2 on CEFR.
- High level of responsibility, confidentiality and discretion.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Proactivity, Multi-Cultural Awareness/Sensitivity, Teamwork, Innovation and Creativity.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development.
Candidates must apply online to M20172 Administrative Assistant. Screening and follow up will begin on Monday, January 4, 2021. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.