The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Accounting Assistant to work in the Finance Department of CIMMYT.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
You will be placed in the Program Finance Management Unit, where you will be supporting the unit with administrative tasks and ensure data quality assurance in the accounting supporting documentations, relevant for the Organization’s funders and stakeholders. Please consider that this is a strictly temporary position (6 months).
- Ensure quality of the supporting documents to be shared with Funders, Stakeholders, Internal and External Auditors.
- Maintain Database of all Projects audits and following up due dates and KPIs.
- Prepare and issue timely pro-formas invoices and/or final invoices.
- Maintain invoice control, including VAT and account reconciliations.
- Preparation of periodic reports of the units KPI metrics according to agreed service level agreement with the unit’s clients.
- Prepare documentation for the unit’s analists in order to fulfill the funder’s requirements.
- Assist in preparing information packages to support donor and institutional audits.
- Elaborate KPI reports on processing of journal entries related to projects.
- Provide attention to internal and external clients.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- The selected candidate must have a Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting or similar.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in similar positions or activities.
- Intermediate level of English. English will be tested, and the candidate should score a minimum of B1 on CEFR.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe software. Experience with ticketing systems software is desirable. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics is desirable.
- The candidate must exhibit a sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Teamwork, Problem Solving and Decision Making.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development.
Candidates must apply online to M21162 Accounting Assistant. Screening and follow up will begin on Thursday, June 24, 2021. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Jaqueline Perez (email@example.com).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.