Consultant, P&C Talent Development Assistant, CGIAR
About the position
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated consultant to support aspects of Talent Development and Performance Management within the Global Talent Development Department. Specifically, in developing talent initiatives, creating training materials, coordinating program logistics and evaluating program effectiveness, as well as conducting research on internal and external best practices related to Performance Management and Training and Development.
Learning and Development support
- Identify and liaise with internal and external trainers and/or vendors to ensure a variety of learning a development programs aligned with organizational needs are developed and effectively delivered.
- Initiate the development of training procedures, manuals, handouts and other documentation of course materials.
- Support the development of training calendars and learning pathways.
- Assist in organizing and coordinating the delivery of training programs, including logistics and participants communications.
- Provide support with the development of learning and development metrics and dashboards and capture data and information to ensure dashboards are current, accurate and easily accessible.
- Track attendance, gather feedback from participants and help put in place a robust process to evaluate training effectiveness.
- Produce quarterly reports on learning and development activities, including lessons learnt
- Keep abreast of industry trends and best practices in talent development and make recommendations to the Director, Global Talent Development and Performance.
Talent and Performance Management support
- Assist in coordinating talent assessment processes.
- Collect and compile performance data and assist in generating reports and insights.
- Collaborate with P&C teams to ensure alignment between talent development and performance management processes
- Assist in maintaining talent development and performance databases, dashboards and other documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Psychology or a related field.
- Experience in People and Culture function related to talent management, e.g. training and development and/or performance management.
- Excellent organizational, priority setting and analytical skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders in a fast-paced, multicultural work environment.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, while also being a team player.
- Attention to detail and accuracy with the ability to assemble and organize data and information effectively and with tact and confidentiality.
- Excellent IT skills, with in-depth knowledge of software such as MS Office Suite and database software. Knowledge of and experience in the use of HRIMS is an advantage.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse audiences in multicultural settings, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Consistent record of upholding the highest ethical standards by inspiring trust and treating all people with respect.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Terms of employment
This is a 12-month full-time consultancy opportunity, renewable based on extended needs and requirements. All consultancy fees and conditions will be administered in line with the Alliance approved policy for consultants.
The position is based in One of CGIAR duty station with arrangements for remote working possible.
Please apply online through the website (https://alliancebioversityciat.org/careers) no later than 17 September 2023, attaching a curriculum vitae, motivation letter (outlining your interest and suitability for the consultancy, as well as your proposed consultancy fees for the period), both in English, and contact information of at least three references, we can contact (name, organization and position, relationship to you, telephone number, and email). At least 2 of the provided referees must be a former or a current direct supervisor. Referees will only be contacted with the candidate’s prior consent, and all reference checks are treated as strictly confidential.
Please ensure that your resume and cover letter do not contain your marital status, age, or photograph, and are in English. Documents provided in a language other than English cannot be considered at this time.
All applications must be submitted online to be assessed through a transparent, competitive process that will be overseen by a panel comprised of members of CGIAR’s People and Culture community and Senior Leadership Team.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.