AfricaRice - Business Applications Specialist
Business Applications Specialist
The Africa Rice Centre (AfricaRice) is seeking a highly qualified Business Applications Specialist
to be based at AfricaRice Head Office in Cocody, Abidjan – Côte d’Ivoire.
AfricaRice is a leading Pan – African rice research organization committed to improving the livelihoods in Africa though strong science and effective partnerships. AfricaRice is one of the 15 international agricultural research centers that are members of the CGIAR System Organization (CSO). It is also an Intergovernmental association of African member countries. Its membership comprises of 28 countries, covering West, Central, East, and North African regions.
Purpose of the Job
Under the supervision of the Director of Finance and Corporate Services, the Business Applications Specialist will provide professional analytical expertise of all modules phases of AfricaRice’s ERP system, currently Unit4 Business World (One Corporate System – OCS) related projects, including oversight, implementation, support, training, execution, control, and successful completion consistent with the corporate business process, operational procedures, and organizational goals.
The Business Applications Specialist will conduct activities with specific tasks that include, but are not limited
• Serve as the cross-unit Business Processes implementations expert for ERP system.
• Manage and build business process into the ERP system
• Ensure that the project deliverables are on time and at the required level of quality.
• Support in configurations within the system in cooperation with other ERP team members (Process owners)
• Provide technical assistance and application support to the ERP system users;
• Test existing and new functionalities in the system;
• Create reports in ERP system and Microsoft Power BI;
• Support issues arising in live and test systems and liaise with the Systems Analyst to ensure that any change are promoted to the business;
• Review the business-as-usual issue log and resolve issues in a timely manner; Ensure other issues and/or problems are monitored and investigated;
• Support all projects in respect of the ERP and other systems that integrate with the ERP;
• Identify communication and training requirements to assist users in adopting new processes
• Develop training materials and other guides.
• Ensure that existing business processes and procedures are reviewed and formalized (where necessary) for efficient implementation and to provide more business value;
• Coordinate issue mitigation with respect to development or production challenges during the “go live” phase of a new solution and/or improved business processes;
• Engage with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis; develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
• Work closely with the Operational Support Unit and ensure that AfricaRice’s applications and environments are provided the appropriate system and database capacities
• Identify and implement application integration via APIs and Web Services, from ERP to other applications, to provide fully integrated implementation.
• Responsible for Risk Management in responsibility.
• Any other duty as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Required qualification and experience
• Holding a master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent with at least 5 years’ experience in a
• Holding a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent with at least 8 years’ experience in a similar position
• Experience of developing and implementing an ERP (Unit4 Business World (formally Agresso) would be a major advantage).
• Experience of leading a technical team in the delivery of business applications.
Key Competencies and Abilities
• Experience of developing and implementing an ERP (Unit4 Business World – formally Agresso or/and ANAPLAN) would be a major advantage.
• Solid knowledge of database SQL Server
• Considerable knowledge of business process management and budgeting, ideally with experience in Organizations managing donor-funded projects;
• Substantial exposure to hardware platforms, cloud computing and enterprise software applications;
• Demonstrated success in project management and excellent understanding of project management principles. Certification in Project Management (PMP or Prince2 or AGILE) or Information Technology accreditation (ITIL or COBIT certification) is an asset.
• Excellent customer service skills;
• Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel;
• Ability to contribute thoughtful planning, careful execution, and effective teamwork;
• Ability to collaborate with other IT professionals and, as needed, various external consultants;
• Ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously;
• Ability to be self-driven and able to work without close supervision.
Terms and conditions
• This is a regionally recruited position
• AfricaRice provides an attractive salary and benefits package and a collegial and gender-sensitive working environment
• The initial appointment is a 1-year-fixed term contract with renewal of contract possibility.
How to apply
1. To apply, click on the following link: http://eservices.africarice.org/application/index.php
2. Create an account if you are a new user, if not log on with your credentials to access active vacancies
3. Select “ Business Applications Specialist’’
4. Follow the step-by-step application procedure.
Only online applications will be considered (If you encounter any technical issue on the career site during your application, or you are prevented to proceed with your application until its final completion: Please kindly revert to us along with the screenshot of the issue through this email: africariceHR@cgiar.org ). Applications are not allowed through this email.
Not later than 03 June 2022
AfricaRice promotes equal opportunities and believes that the diversity of its staff contributes to excellence.
We thank all candidates, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For more information on
AfricaRice, please visit our website at: www.AfricaRice.org