Virtual Event - COVID-19 and Developing Country Responses
IFPRI is hosting a side event at the World Food Prize 2020 Borlaug Dialogue.
The session will address COVID-19 and Developing-Country Responses, presenting country and regional perspectives including from China, India, Africa south of the Sahara, and a global perspective.
Speakers will offer brief perspectives followed by an engaging q&a session with the virtual audience.
- Johan Swinnen, Director General, IFPRI
- Mahendra Dev, Director (Vice Chancellor), Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR)
- Shenggen Fan, CGIAR System Board Member Chair & Professor at the College of Economics and Management, China Agricultural University
- Fadel Ndiame, Deputy President, Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa, AGRA
- Jemimah Njuki, Senior Program Specialist and Coordinator, Growth and Economic Opportunities for Women, International Development Research Centre (IDRC)
- Rajul Pandya-Lorch, Former Director, Communications and Public Affairs & Chief of Staff, Director General’s Office, IFPRI