Virtual Event - Agricultural Extension: Global Status and Performance in Selected Countries
This book provides a global overview of agricultural extension and advisory services, assesses and compares extension systems at the national and regional levels, examines the performance of extension approaches in a selected set of country cases, and shares lessons and policy insights.
Drawing on both primary and secondary data, the book contributes to the literature on extension by applying a common and comprehensive framework — the “best-fit” approach — to assessments of extension systems, which allows for comparison across cases and geographies. Insights from the research support reforms — in governance, capacity, management, and advisory methods — to improve outcomes, enhance financial sustainability, and achieve greater scale.
Join us to hear from the book’s editors on how this book can be applied as a valuable resource for policymakers, extension practitioners, and others concerned with agricultural development.
Welcome and Introduction
- Frank Place, Director, CGIAR Research Program on Policies, Institutions, and Markets (PIM)
- Kristin Davis, Senior Research Fellow, IFPRI
- Margaret Najjingo Mangheni, Professor, Makerere University
- Hur Ben Corrêa da Silva, State Coordinator, Personnel and Career Development, Paraná, Brazil
Conclusions and Recommendations
- Suresh Babu, Senior Research Fellow & Head of Capacity Strengthening, IFPRI
- Honorable Bright Rwamirama, Minister of State for Animal Industry, Uganda Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF)
- Catherine Ragasa, Senior Research Fellow, IFPRI