Understanding mitigation in the climate security nexus
How does climate change mitigation relate to peace and security? In this webinar we will focus on an underdeveloped area of analysis in the climate security debate, the links between mitigation interventions in forest areas and the political insecurity that individuals, communities, and states experience face in these areas to ensure future peace and security, while meeting the Paris Agreement targets.
- Mark Goldberg, Host, Global Dispatches Podcast, editor UN Dispatch
- Lini Wollenberg, CGIAR-CCAFS Low-Emissions Development Flagship Leader and Gund Institute
- Sharon Burke, Director, Ecospherics
- Davyth Stewart, Environmental crime and law enforcement expert
- Janpeter Schilling, Scientific Director of Peace Academy Rhineland-Palatinate/University of Koblenz-Landau
- Augusto Castro-Nunez, Theme leader low emission food systems and peacebuilding, Alliance of Bioversity International and CIA