Transforming Agriculture: Experiences and Insights from Brazil and Beyond
Washington, DC, United States
- Maurício Antônio Lopes, President, Embrapa
- Shenggen Fan, Director General, IFPRI
- Mary Bohman, Administrator, Economic Research Service, USDA
- Marcos Sawaya Jank, President, Asia-Brazil Agro Alliance and IFPRI Board member
- Rajul Pandya-Lorch, Director, Communications and Public Affairs, IFPRI
Successful agricultural transformations around the world provide critical lessons and offer insights into opportunities for other countries seeking to take this step forward.
At this special event, we will learn about Brazil’s agricultural transformation from Embrapa’s President, Maurício Lopes. IFPRI Director General Shenggen Fan will share insights from Asian countries, ERS Administrator Mary Bohman will review the experience of the United States, and Asia-Brazil Agro Alliance President Marcos Jank will discuss the role of the food industry in agricultural transformation.