Special FAO Seminar on Food and Nutrition: Urgent call for agri-food systems transformation to achieve healthy diets for all
Against the backdrop of the COVID-19 pandemic, this timely special seminar sets out a compelling case and makes an urgent call to stimulate innovative thinking and actions to expedite agri-food systems transformations to achieve healthy diets for all.
Date: Wednesday, 25 November 2020,
Time: 17.30 (UTC+8)
Instructions to register for the event:
- Click here to pre-register to watch the event
- After completing your registration, you will receive an email confirmation from FAO and information on how to join the webinar.
- For more information, please contact: Chief-Economist@fao.org
This special seminar sets out the compelling case and makes an urgent call to look afresh at how to consolidate and channel our knowledge and stimulate innovative thinking and actions to expedite agri-food systems transformations as to achieve healthy diets for all.
WorldFish’s Research Program Leader for Value Chains and Nutrition, WorldFish, Shakuntala Thilsted, and an expert panel of global leaders will focus specifically on the following aspects:
- Access to healthy diets for all, family health and the role of women
- How to prevent food loss and waste as an urgent action
- How to use innovation for food and agriculture
- What we do to link the needed agri-food transformation to the macroeconomics packages being implemented by countries
We look forward to your active participation.