Measuring climate security: Are peaceful countries immune to climate security threats?
Our second webinar explored the ways peace is measured and analyzed and debate ways we can improve these methods so they’re more sensitive to climate.
Conventional evaluations and indexes that measure the extent and quality of peace more often than not fail to embrace the role that climate can play in insecurity and instability. The speakers in our second webinar aimed to correct this imbalance by developing indicators and measurements that are sensitive to climate and conflict
- Grazia Pacillo (Senior Economist at CGIAR Focus Climate Security),
- Mark Goldberg (editor of the United Nations and global affairs blog UN Dispatch and host of the Global Dispatches Podcast)
- Serge Stroobants (Director of Europe and MENA region at the Institute for Economics and Peace)
- Sonya Vermeulen (Director of Programs, CGIAR System Management Organization)
- Emery Brusset (Director of Programs, CGIAR System Management Organization)